Airdrieonians v Raith Rovers

34 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

FWIW I think yesterday was a defining moment for me and you will win it IMO. All known form pointed to results going the other way than they did.

As far it being yours to lose however is still over egging it as you have to play us twice. If (and it is a big if) we win both games and drop very few other points we will have won the league you won’t have lost it.

I personally think we will win the league, but it's far, far from over. We could easily drop points next week and it's back to advantage Falkirk. 

My tuppence worth from yesterday ....
Raith started exactly how I'd want me team to start a game of significance. They were hungrier, up for it and knew an early goal would totally muck up our "counter attack" style.
They got the goal and really controlled the rest of the game.
As someone else mentioned and it really hit the nail on the head, we play like we're 1-0 down with 5mins to go, all the time. Aimlessly launching balls and feeding of scraps.
The problem with that though, is we never seem to win a 2nd ball.
We have no-one in the middle of the park to control a game, Raith have Hendry who IMO is a class act at this level, his range of passing and vision is quality.
In terms of chances it was pretty even but Raith had far more control on the game and if they can do that for the rest of the season then I don't see why they won't be crowned champions.

3 hours ago, Angus of the Mo said:

Ffs, really, does it have to be spelled out, is sectarianism so normal that you don’t notice it?

If your club can’t see it’s name being trashed by stupid wee c*nts affiliated with dubious groups then they have a problem, no?

End of!

you ended that post like a middle aged woman arguing about the level of customer service at ASDA on Facebook.

and I highly doubt that you witnessed any sectarianism against you lot. anti teuchterism is another matter entirely, away back to your croft Hamish.

26 minutes ago, Easy Days for Raith said:

The noise when the goal went in was brilliant, good atmosphere throughout the game and a good team performance. Very pleasing.

Really never herd much noise that's how we are all surprised when one of your fans said your fans were singing sectarian songs at our very welcoming friendly fans🤗🤗🤗

Our fans didn't have a lot to shout about though 😢😤

Edited by Eric the half a b

3 hours ago, Angus of the Mo said:

Ffs, really, does it have to be spelled out, is sectarianism so normal that you don’t notice it?

If your club can’t see it’s name being trashed by stupid wee c*nts affiliated with dubious groups then they have a problem, no?

End of!

2 hours ago, Angus of the Mo said:

😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

Weird

Your p*ssy patrol is full of wee c*nts that sing like chukters bolt mate

57 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The Airdrie v Raith threads have been top notch this season, great to see. 

Cant beat a bit of banter... within reason ... be so much duller if we all agreed with each other. And its gratifying to hear that fans from all other clubs have enjoyed the shared knowledge of the Airdrie fans lol. 

Sometimes when you read a thread you wonder if you were at the same game - this is one of those days.

Raith started really well and after 10 minutes I thought we'd take an utter pasting. However we got into it in the last 15 minutes of the half but never really looked like scoring. I though we'd the better of the second half too but not a shot on target tells it's own story.

I just don't get the "play out from the back" tactic with a midfield as utterly woeful as ours. Raith were well on top of this and pressed us forcing the long ball in the end - we're one down - cut out the middle man and get the ball in the mixer.

I've been a supporter of Murray up til now but he's starting to look a bit panicy with a completely unbalanced selection.

As for the rest of this thread - what a laugh. Barely heard any singing from the Raith fans so really surprised to hear it was a great atmosphere and that there was sectarian singing! Also heard there was around 25 Raith kicking about the town looking for  bother pre-match. Changed days for the cuddly toy outfit of this division.

Raith fans are a weird mix of knicker wetting Maud Flanders' and plastic hard men telling all and sundry they'd knock everyone's teeth out. However, it's entertaining and add's a wee bit of spice to the meetings of two clubs who've played each other far too many times in the last 10 years.

Sometimes when you read a thread you wonder if you were at the same game - this is one of those days.
Raith started really well and after 10 minutes I thought we'd take an utter pasting. However we got into it in the last 15 minutes of the half but never really looked like scoring. I though we'd the better of the second half too but not a shot on target tells it's own story.
I just don't get the "play out from the back" tactic with a midfield as utterly woeful as ours. Raith were well on top of this and pressed us forcing the long ball in the end - we're one down - cut out the middle man and get the ball in the mixer.
I've been a supporter of Murray up til now but he's starting to look a bit panicy with a completely unbalanced selection.
As for the rest of this thread - what a laugh. Barely heard any singing from the Raith fans so really surprised to hear it was a great atmosphere and that there was sectarian singing! Also heard there was around 25 Raith kicking about the town looking for  bother pre-match. Changed days for the cuddly toy outfit of this division.
Raith fans are a weird mix of knicker wetting Maud Flanders' and plastic hard men telling all and sundry they'd knock everyone's teeth out. However, it's entertaining and add's a wee bit of spice to the meetings of two clubs who've played each other far too many times in the last 10 years.

Top of the league and your no

4 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Nothing wrong with Mods or do you have a Modisum problem. The grammar is a mistake for which I shall thrash myself with a thorny branch.

Don't stop there, use the whole fucking tree if you have to.

4 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I personally think we will win the league, but it's far, far from over. We could easily drop points next week and it's back to advantage Falkirk. 

Still a long way to go and the pessimist in me still thinks finishing second is more likely than winning the league, but my belief is definitely growing. Next week is a big test. We have developed a habit of going down to Stranraer and dropping points. Hopefully this new Rovers can change that.