Airdrieonians v Raith Rovers

3 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

There was. I could be wrong, but at the time I took the "orange" song to be directed at the Airdrie support's Donald Trump banner.

Wouldn't be the 1st story uve made up today tho would it?

There was. I could be wrong, but at the time I took the "orange" song to be directed at the Airdrie support's Donald Trump banner.
Like I said I wasn't actually there today so won't make any serious comment on it. Your response ties in nicely with Zen posting his picture multiple times though.

It's absolutely pathetic this pish happening every time we play each other now. Bunch of kids giving it the hard man act. I'd take them all tbh.

Sit down Saaaan, you’ll be blowing out yo arse after 2 punches. Just like blowing out yo arse after 40mins night shift at Asda [emoji81][emoji81]     

31 minutes ago, grumswall said:
44 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Like I said I wasn't actually there today so won't make any serious comment on it. Your response ties in nicely with Zen posting his picture multiple times though.

It's not a support Donakd Trump banner it is a joke as in make Airdrie great again as we have been pish. ... wonder if Donald knows about it doh!!@ 

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Airdrie are a weird team. Play the whole game like they are 1-0 down with 5 mins to go. Can see why they have caused teams bother, but its absolutely awful to watch. 

There has been a change of tactics from first half of the season when we played like we were 1-0 up with 5 to go.  Sat back and defended the 18 yard box and hoofed the ball forward hoping for a break.   Now we do have a bit more urgency to hoof it and it's still murder to watch.  

2 minutes ago, Ballboy said:

There has been a change of tactics from first half of the season when we played like we were 1-0 up with 5 to go.  Sat back and defended the 18 yard box and hoofed the ball forward hoping for a break.   Now we do have a bit more urgency to hoof it and it's still murder to watch.  

Lol have u ever seen a keeper hoof a ball so high good job we dont criticise the art of hoofing the ball up the park or we would get hoofed out the ground.  

It's not a support Donakd Trump banner it is a joke as in make Airdrie great again as we have been pish. ... wonder if Donald knows about it doh!!@ 
I got that mate. It wasn't a hard joke to get.
  Sit down Saaaan, you’ll be blowing out yo arse after 2 punches. Just like blowing out yo arse after 40mins night shift at Asda [emoji81][emoji81]      

Blowing out my arse lugging crates about at 4am or blowing into people's lungs to save them. Pretty happy wi ma choice wi that one[emoji23][emoji8]

4 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

The early goal allowed Raith to dominate for that first half hour which was not surprising as their midfield were so much more mobile and tough against our lightweight bunch. The fact that both Roberts and McKay were hooked at half time says it all. Raith also were well led by Baird and Mclean; indeed but for a great save from Gallagher and a wasted 4 on 2 from Raith we could have been well beaten. I felt we did get back in for a good spell before half time but never made Thomson earn his pay. It was the usual tight game after half time and we did have a go , and disrupted Raith's moves. Taking off the no 22 seemed to lose some attacking edge from Raith but it was all a bit hurried from us. There was one near thing from a Ryan/Gallagher chance but there definitely is a Raith hoodoo! That early spell by Raith was the best I have seen from them and any other away side this season but it could have been a draw. They will certainly will be in the top 2 and it's their title to lose given Falkirk's draw today. We really look like a top four team but with Montrose and East Fife winning  "winnable" games  we have to do the same at Dumbarton next week. The impact of Roberts was limited today and Wedderburn could start next week. Despite sitting near the Raith fans I did not hear these "songs" and was well up Petersburn road when the away fans were finished celebrating. Daft boys again?  

Pretty fair summary of the game. 

2 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Lol have u ever seen a keeper hoof a ball so high good job we dont criticise the art of hoofing the ball up the park or we would get hoofed out the ground.  

Fair point.  Some quality hoofing on display today.  Our ability to hoof from all areas of the pitch must be admired. Maybe it's a players ability to hoof in the general direction of a striker gets a start nextweek 

2 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

I’m actually gutted there’s been any kind of fighting at all. I’ve always found especially on here the Airdrie fans being sound as a fooking pound.

I'd go further and say Airdrie fans in general, not just the guys on here, are pretty sound. 

Had a wee blether with the guy selling programmes at the away end before the turnstiles opened and he was a thoroughly decent spud, supporting his local team like the rest of us. 

A couple of years ago we arrived at the ground early for the Sunday BBC Alba match and my kids were invited by the Airdrie staff to a kids Christmas party which was going on. 

I don't accept that the four clowns (one leading, three following) who charged into the away car park to start a scrap are remotely representative of the Airdrie support as a whole. 

14 minutes ago, Ballboy said:

Fair point.  Some quality hoofing on display today.  Our ability to hoof from all areas of the pitch must be admired. Maybe it's a players ability to hoof in the general direction of a striker gets a start nextweek 

It's a question I have been asking myself always thought the hoof was intended to get to ur forwards. The other hoof that annoys me is why everyone goes to one side of the park when the keeper hoofs the ball from a goal kick why not stick Roy on the other side disguise the hoof so he can run in on goal and if we are lucky he may take the ball with him. Did think all the training is showing cause we got a couple off long throw opportunities of a couple off the hoofs. 

Edited by Eric the half a b

Very nice package. Bene looked pretty good, and MacLean isn't racing forward, but seems to find himself in the mix, a good property for a striker. Matthews goal actual came from a challenge that Matthews won in the middle of the park, shows real hustle to make (and win) that challenge and pelt on up and into position to score!

3 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

It’s everyone’s individual choice whether to be bothered about sectarian songs or not. If I’m a minority of one who object to our support singing about dirty orange b*****ds today then so be it. I suspect I’m not though.  Leave that sort of pish to the morons who get on the buses to Glasgow. 

If you object to it so much do something about it instead of posting on a football forum.You had the opportunity at the time to voice your objections to the perpetrators,steward,police or officials of either club

As for your last sentence,back in the real world.This pish is happening at many grounds in scotland

Edited by Rovers_Lad