Airdrieonians v Raith Rovers

Saw the start of it. One mad Airdrie fan ran the length of the car park towards the Rover’s fans. He was attacked by a Rovers fan then more Raith fans ran towards it. Not sure what happened after that.  Idiots on all sides 

More fight off the park than what’s on the park fucking inty them

Raith were the better team by miles for the first 35 minutes, but after that is was a bit back and forth.

Raith never looked like they’d lose that game though. It’s clear why they’ve been able to grind out results consistently over the course of the season.

I really hope Raith go on to win the league now ahead of those Falkirk c***s.

11 minutes ago, Frank conner said:
34 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:
Saw the start of it. One mad Airdrie fan ran the length of the car park towards the Rover’s fans. He was attacked by a Rovers fan then more Raith fans ran towards it. Not sure what happened after that.  Idiots on all sides 

So did you sort it out?

No. The ‘not sure what happened after that’ may have given you a clue

52 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Never saw anything but heard that was a bit of scrapping at the end. That Airdrie mob are a fucking shower of mutants. Enjoy your evening lads x

Aye, Airdrie young crew made an erse of themselves at the Mo, some weird agenda that nobody else gives a monkeys about.

The early goal allowed Raith to dominate for that first half hour which was not surprising as their midfield were so much more mobile and tough against our lightweight bunch. The fact that both Roberts and McKay were hooked at half time says it all. Raith also were well led by Baird and Mclean; indeed but for a great save from Gallagher and a wasted 4 on 2 from Raith we could have been well beaten. I felt we did get back in for a good spell before half time but never made Thomson earn his pay. It was the usual tight game after half time and we did have a go , and disrupted Raith's moves. Taking off the no 22 seemed to lose some attacking edge from Raith but it was all a bit hurried from us. There was one near thing from a Ryan/Gallagher chance but there definitely is a Raith hoodoo! That early spell by Raith was the best I have seen from them and any other away side this season but it could have been a draw. They will certainly will be in the top 2 and it's their title to lose given Falkirk's draw today. We really look like a top four team but with Montrose and East Fife winning  "winnable" games  we have to do the same at Dumbarton next week. The impact of Roberts was limited today and Wedderburn could start next week. Despite sitting near the Raith fans I did not hear these "songs" and was well up Petersburn road when the away fans were finished celebrating. Daft boys again?  

Christ Hank must be in therapy if a fight broke out!

Pipe down, you dweeb.

Thoroughly professional performance today, like something from the John McGlynn of old. Steely defensive performance and looked a real threat on the break. McLean and Baird looked to form an instant partnership and whilst both tired it looks like they could really do well together. McLean was impressive in his hold up play, something we’ve really missed.

Our goal came from a Matthews flick into the far corner but it was his crunching, clean as a whistle tackle in the middle of the park which initially allowed us to work the ball wide and cross so he could finish. MacDonald has his poorest game of the season but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was him who provided the cross.

Bene, as I’ve said, was terrific all afternoon. Barely lost a header. Davo had a couple of scary moments but generally fine. Midfield three are so fucking good just now; they have it all. Difficult to see Spencer getting back into the side barring injury. Great atmosphere and celebrations at the end.

I’ve said it all year, just got a good feeling about this squad.

Fair play rovers did the necessary for the points.  Looked more like adding a 2nd than we did of scoring.   McKay was shocking and manager spent more time moaning at Roberts than ever.   The only time we troubled their defence was winning the ball high up the pitch but final pass or cross was terrible.  Main difference was raith had a midfield who could carry the ball forward and make a pass.  As usual we had a long ball.  Even then as usual that didn't work.  Our midfield or lack of have to take the blame today.  Top spot pretty much gone and if it doesn't improve we will struggle for play offs too. 

Pipe down, you dweeb.

Thoroughly professional performance today, like something from the John McGlynn of old. Steely defensive performance and looked a real threat on the break. McLean and Baird looked to form an instant partnership and whilst both tired it looks like they could really do well together. McLean was impressive in his hold up play, something we’ve really missed.

Our goal came from a Matthews flick into the far corner but it was his crunching, clean as a whistle tackle in the middle of the park which initially allowed us to work the ball wide and cross so he could finish. MacDonald has his poorest game of the season but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was him who provided the cross.

Bene, as I’ve said, was terrific all afternoon. Barely lost a header. Davo had a couple of scary moments but generally fine. Midfield three are so fucking good just now; they have it all. Difficult to see Spencer getting back into the side barring injury. Great atmosphere and celebrations at the end.

I’ve said it all year, just got a good feeling about this squad.
Spencer has been one of our best players this season so its speaks volumes that tait is keeping him out the team at the moment.

2 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Mendy song back and the choir have added a sectarian song to their repertoire. The board need to have another word with these thick c***s and explain what being a decent human being involves.

Did you approach a steward,policeman,Airdrie official,Raith official regarding your concerns of sectarian songs?

Posting on here isnt going to solve the issue

Also, not sure who it was but surely that challenge in the first half on Hendry should have been a red? Looked an absolute howler from where we were and if he never jumped it was a broken leg yet the guy got away with a yellow

11 minutes ago, ac-rrfc said:

Also, not sure who it was but surely that challenge in the first half on Hendry should have been a red? Looked an absolute howler from where we were and if he never jumped it was a broken leg yet the guy got away with a yellow

It was Sean Crighton who lost control of the ball and it was a stretching lunge but as you say Hendry saw it coming and jumped clear. I think the Ref might have seen it as not reckless and endangering etc but it was a close thing. Mind you until a few years ago it would have just been a foul.  I could say it is "not in Sean's game" as they do in the Premier League but I have seen them given!

Really bad. A weekly occurrence, it seems. Hendry had a good one on one of their boys but it wasn’t as bad as the one on him.