Airdrieonians v Raith Rovers

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Honestly, I mean this, I’ve never ever seen a team put the ball in the box as many times as this. Incredible.

Seems they watched last weeks lob and net feast. Good to see we've cleaned that up...how much of the improvement is Thomson?

Kyle fucking Benedictus. Put a crown on that man’s head. He was a Goliath today.

You could try, but he'd heider it out for a throw-in.

My man of the match, too. Ross Matthews running him close, he really has got a phenomenal engine. Gave Airdrie not a second's peace.

Good to see Armstrong back, too. Not everything came off for him today, but he's an excellent option for running at tired defences.

MacLean drifted out of the game in the second half, but you can see he's a class act. Won more headers this afternoon than the rest of our strikers have all season. Came very close to a goal in the second half with a brilliant effort. Presumably he and Baird only met in the last couple of days - if their partnership develops into something more than it already was this afternoon, they'll have days where they absolutely terrorise some of the defences in this league.

We were by far the better team but felt like we were hanging on there at the end. Airdrie had nothing other than punts into the box but could have stolen a point with a lucky deflection. A huge win especially with Falkirk dropping points. Stranraer next week is another huge test as it’s a place we usually drop points.

Great atmosphere today. Only down side was the stupid songs in the first half and some idiots fighting outside after the final whistle

Edited by roverthemoon

Brilliant results today. I missed the game myself but this season is incredibly different to last with our band of peahearted shitebags we got stuck with. 9/9 from a team who have been challenging for the top stop is excellent stuff. Huge test away to Stranraer next. We've only won once there since we were relegated.

Edited by Broken Algorithms

Excellent result. Worrisome note that Bene is now out for Clyde (6 yellows). Hendry, Davo, Armstrong and MacLean are now our next worries, all at 4 yellows. Glad I was wrong about MacLean walking in and starting.

Edited by TxRover

Brilliant results today. I missed the game myself but this season is incredibly different to last with our band of peahearted shitebags we got stuck with. 9/9 from a team who have been challenging for the top stop is excellent stuff. Huge test away to Stranraer next. We've only won* once there since we were relegated.

Fixed that for you just to show how little we have to moan about today.

2 minutes ago, diamond daft said:

The 2 lads that were attacked by 30 raith fans ? Bit harsh. 

Saw the start of it. One mad Airdrie fan ran the length of the car park towards the Rover’s fans. He was attacked by a Rovers fan then more Raith fans ran towards it. Not sure what happened after that.  Idiots on all sides 

The 2 lads that were attacked by 30 raith fans ? Bit harsh. 

I really hope this is a joke. One airdrie guy, the chubby little one, tried to charge the raith young guys all by himself and must have ran a good 80/90 yards all by himself only to get stopped by an older boy before he got there and got hit a few times. Nothing more than that. Not 30 on 2, 1 guy running and got hit by 1 other boy. Stop spouting shit

Saw the start of it. One mad Airdrie fan ran the length of the car park towards the Rover’s fans. He was attacked by a Rovers fan then more Raith fans ran towards it. Not sure what happened after that.  Idiots on all sides 

This is about it. The "30 Raith fans" were the young team who were about 50 yards away from the very small amount of bother when it started, and all ran over to see what happened, but got there too late!

Mountains and molehills, it's barely worth the telling. The only person who seemed remotely bothered was one laddie who must've been about 30 year old, nearly in tears because the hood of his jacket had been torn. By his pal.