Airdrieonians v Raith Rovers

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

This will be a very difficult game for us. I was really impressed with Airdrie at Starks Park where we narrowly managed to hold on for a win. I’d probably take a draw to be honest!

At least someone was impressed with us that day, I thought we were garbage tbh, no plan B and an inability to break Rovers down.  I was maybe expecting more though, coming off the back of 6 good results previous to that game.

FWIW I also think this will be a 0-1 game, losing a first half goal, then spend the rest of the game working out what to do next.  If Roberts isn't in the starting XI i'll be furious, and I fully expect Ally Roy to be given 15 minutes when we're chasing a goal, and contribute absolutely hee haw again.

At least someone was impressed with us that day, I thought we were garbage tbh, no plan B and an inability to break Rovers down.  I was maybe expecting more though, coming off the back of 6 good results previous to that game.
FWIW I also think this will be a 0-1 game, losing a first half goal, then spend the rest of the game working out what to do next.  If Roberts isn't in the starting XI i'll be furious, and I fully expect Ally Roy to be given 15 minutes when we're chasing a goal, and contribute absolutely hee haw again.
After his hat-trick for the reserves last night maybe Ally Roy will have a wee bit more confidence if he does get game time.

I only hope that if he's brought on it's not at the expense of whomever the fans reckon is having a good game and has to listen to booing again as he waits to come on. I get that on Saturday fans were booing the managers decision more than anything but it can't be a particularly nice thing for a 22 year old laddie to have to listen to as he stands on the touchline. Not a big fan of booing at all to be honest, even at the end of matches. I reckon it would be more effective for players to walk off to absolute silence.

Maybe that's because it's his first season in league football. Give it a year or two and everyone will know who this lad is. We had  Kieron McDonald last season and and from what I've seen of him this season hes decent going forward but cant defend.  If someone runs at him he backs off all the way to his box then tries to stop a shot or cross.  Leon McCann is twice as good.  Wins his share of headers for a small guy. Wins tackles and has a better delivery from crosses than McDonald.   Adam eckersly is much better than McDonald too. Just ask any forfar fan and eckersly cant get into our 1st team.   At the start of the season I wasn't happy at seeing McDonald go as he was one of the only players we had last season who could carry the ball forward but we did lose goals due to him backing off so much and allowing attackers to get to crossing or shooting positions. I'm not saying hes bad but if he was still with us hed be on the bench.  

Aye is that how McDonald has all his goals and assists this season and the Rovers are top of the league and your no

52 minutes ago, Hottoddy22 said:

Aye is that how McDonald has all his goals and assists this season and the Rovers are top of the league and your no

All his goals.  🤣🤣🤣🤣    messi must be looking over his shoulder eh.   At least his record is better than a boy playing his first season in league football must be proud of the record.  

Best fullback in the league it’s that simple

He struck me as a lazy sh*te when he was with us, so fair play if you’re getting something out him that we couldn’t.

However due to aforementioned being a lazy sh*te, I don’t miss him. McCann is a great prospect and I’m enjoying watching him play in the diamond. Everyone is happy.

He struck me as a lazy sh*te when he was with us, so fair play if you’re getting something out him that we couldn’t.

However due to aforementioned being a lazy sh*te, I don’t miss him. McCann is a great prospect and I’m enjoying watching him play in the diamond. Everyone is happy.

MacDonald is a massive part of the reason we’re top of the league.

A real contender for Our PotY