Friday Night Football - Thistle vs Ayr

I'll take the point... some observations:

Cardle is a real thug of a hobbit.Β 

Anderson is a dreadful ref.

What has happened to McCowan?

MacKinnon is absolutely done as a footballer.

Definitely a penalty.

Great attendance from us 522 travelling. Thought the home support was dreadful for such a big team tbh.

On 28/01/2020 at 19:50, CrimeWritingJag said:

I didn’t expect much on Saturday and would, somewhat grudgingly given our league position,Β settle for a point and a good performance on Friday. I’ve been happy with thisΒ transfer window and trust McCall to get enough out of the players to see us stay up this year. The big questions will be surely asked next season. I don’t see our first clean sheet coming too soon, so going with 1-1.Β 

Called it (I think).

Thought that Banjo was more at fault than Brownlie for the lead up for the penalty, but will need to have another look. Glad to see more fight in the team, although Cardle’s nearly wentΒ too far...

Edited by CrimeWritingJag

Just got back. I would've taken a point and to be honest, it was probably a fair reflection of the game.

I thought we got a lot of the basics wrong in the 1st half, unable to probably defend high balls.Β 

2nd half was much better, got the goal and we looked in control for about 15 minutes after.Β 

Overall, pretty drab game, with few amounts of quality between the sides, but not the worse result.Β 

14 minutes ago, CrimeWritingJag said:

Called it (I think).

Thought that Banjo was more at fault than Brownlie for the lead up for the penalty, but will need to have another look. Glad to see more fight in the team, although Cardle’s nearly wentΒ too far...

A double elbow on a man lying on the ground is pure cowardess, foolish at best - even though it looked like a rugby tackle by our player.

3 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Was it just me or did the pitch look like a ploughed field? Looked very bobbly!

Particks pitch was poor we played them in September, they will soon be rivalling Cowdenbeath.

I was a little bit worried when Thistle brought in McKinnon but he looks properly finished.

All in all a good if somewhat lucky point tonight as we were shocking in the first half and could easily have been 3 down at half time.

We were better in the second but still poor and didn't create anywhere near enough. I felt we were far too passive throughout and rather than take control of the game we stood off them and let them dictate. Thistle weren't great either however we struggled with the balls over the top to Graham, and Zanatta also tore us to shreds in the first half.

The penalty was a foul if somewhat soft and it was probably the only way we were going to score tonightΒ andΒ ultimately we should be thankful for a point.

Β 

Not one of our players played well.

Terrible crossing esp. Penrice

McKinnon Cole and Bannigan a pretty shockingΒ  trio in midfield.

Benefitted from a big off night for Ayr.

Yet we should still have won. The equaliser was an utter calamity.

Punching so far below our weight we don't deserve to finish above Alloa and ArbroathΒ 

28 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

All in all a good if somewhat lucky point tonight as we were shocking in the first half and could easily have been 3 down at half time.

We were better in the second but still poor and didn't create anywhere near enough. I felt we were far too passive throughout and rather than take control of the game we stood off them and let them dictate. Thistle weren't great either however we struggled with the balls over the top to Graham, and Zanatta also tore us to shreds in the first half.

The penalty was a foul if somewhat soft and it was probably the only way we were going to score tonightΒ andΒ ultimately we should be thankful for a point.

Β 

3 down? Β You do talk some amount of pish. Β Thistle didn’t even have 3 shots on target in the 1st half.

decent point though.

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

3 down? Β You do talk some amount of pish. Β Thistle didn’t even have 3 shots on target in the 1st half.

decent point though.

BBC has them down for one shot on target to our two. Surely that's not right, didn't think it was that bad.

decent point though.

They had 2 open goals after Doohan made an arse of it which they should’ve scored from.