Friday Night Football - Thistle vs Ayr

Not so sure. Standard is rotten in this league and 2-3 wins sorts a season out.
Ayr United's Golden Generation is on the wane though and will be fully over this summer as bigger teams come calling (as happened with their manager). They'll return to a 2nd-3rd tier yo-yo side - and it'll be 42 years I think since an appearance in Scotland's top flight.
Get doon.

Thought we looked fairly comfortable in the first half. Having a proper focal point in Graham was a massive improvement.

For the penalty, Brownlie made an arse of it by charging out and colliding with Bannigan. O'Connor has been a bit naive - penalty all day for me, even if on the soft side. Fox, as usual, may as well have stood at the side and let Forrest roll it in.

I honestly didn't even realise Cole was playing until we got a corner mid way through the second half. Utterly anonymous in play and his delivery from set pieces was garbage - especially the floater in the last minute.

The midfield in general looks concerning. MacKinnon still looks well off the pace but in his defence, seemed to be playing a more advanced role than I expected him to. Given he admitted in his joining interview that he was no longer a box to box player, it's rather curious to see him deployed as one.

Cardle should have been sent off for the blatant elbow on Muirhead; it was a foul to Ayr in the first place as he had Aero in a headlock. 

Rudden was busy when he came on. I think he and Graham might take some time to develop any kind of partnership though - didn't immediately strike me as the most compatible of pairs.

And I'm very sceptical about the quality in the wide areas - would've liked to switch things about there this month but can't complain too much.

Not so sure. Standard is rotten in this league and 2-3 wins sorts a season out.
Ayr United's Golden Generation is on the wane though and will be fully over this summer as bigger teams come calling (as happened with their manager). They'll return to a 2nd-3rd tier yo-yo side - and it'll be 42 years I think since an appearance in Scotland's top flight.
Love the so called "big" teams in this league remember a lot of Falkirk fans saying similar things at this point last season after punting there manager and buying a new team half way through the season, look what happened to them before you start slaging other teams.

Thought we looked fairly comfortable in the first half. Having a proper focal point in Graham was a massive improvement.
For the penalty, Brownlie made an arse of it by charging out and colliding with Bannigan. O'Connor has been a bit naive - penalty all day for me, even if on the soft side. Fox, as usual, may as well have stood at the side and let Forrest roll it in.
I honestly didn't even realise Cole was playing until we got a corner mid way through the second half. Utterly anonymous in play and his delivery from set pieces was garbage - especially the floater in the last minute.
The midfield in general looks concerning. MacKinnon still looks well off the pace but in his defence, seemed to be playing a more advanced role than I expected him to. Given he admitted in his joining interview that he was no longer a box to box player, it's rather curious to see him deployed as one.
Cardle should have been sent off for the blatant elbow on Muirhead; it was a foul to Ayr in the first place as he had Aero in a headlock. 
Rudden was busy when he came on. I think he and Graham might take some time to develop any kind of partnership though - didn't immediately strike me as the most compatible of pairs.
And I'm very sceptical about the quality in the wide areas - would've liked to switch things about there this month but can't complain too much.

Can’t disagree with that tbf.

We were poor and Partick were pretty resilient apart from the cock up that resulted in the penalty.

Very fair assessment but don’t think it was a penalty

Conditions were atrocious. When we did get the ball down we looked capable, just didn't happen often enough. 

Drinan works hard and does a lot of things we'll but I don't think he had an attempt on goal or even got in a position to have an attempt on goal, that's just not good enough for a centre forward. 

Graham was a handful for Bell and Muirhead all night. Rudden very rusty. 

Don't know how the linesman doesn't spot Cardles elbow x 2. Amused at the Thistle fans deciding that Forrest was worthy of booing after the penalty. 

Draw about fair on the night, neither keeper having much to do. 

5 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

That’s probably the most sensible and well balanced post I’ve read on pie and bovril.