Friday Night Football - Thistle vs Ayr

If we sign 3 players tomorrow bringing this months signing total to 5 then i can see McCall in the back of the papers on Friday morning bumbling on about how he was never backed that well in his time at the club or something like that

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

If we sign 3 players tomorrow bringing this months signing total to 5 then i can see McCall in the back of the papers on Friday morning bumbling on about how he was never backed that well in his time at the club or something like that

Hope so...i'll be like:

giphy.gif

On 28/01/2020 at 18:29, itzdrk said:

Throwback :wub:

This needs one of those trigger warnings or one of those filters on fb where you actually have to click on it to see it. 

Going to a school utterly hoaching with **** and we get relegated the same day that they win the league for the first time in a decade. It was like fuckin VE day at school on Monday and I was the only one in mourning. It's the single worst day I've had as a fitba fan.

So aye, because of this, I hope we fuckin leather you tomorrow. 

On 28/01/2020 at 18:29, itzdrk said:

Throwback :wub:

That was a traumatic watch not least as you can see me just before the first Ayr goal and just after the second Ayr goal. I never saw the third one go in, only the roar of the Ayr fans behind me as I stared vacantly across the Firhill pitch.

We were all set for relegation at Dens the weekend before but with Dundee downing tools having already won the league we raced to a 3-0 half-time lead which was how it finished. We really thought that at the end of a season in which we nearly went out of business that we'd not just survive off the pitch (the most important thing) but also survive in the First Division. 

The atmosphere in the pubs pre-match was great. Fans belting out the tune to 'The Great Escape'. The Thistle fans turned up in huge numbers and kept on coming. The JH Stand was soon full. The terracing behind the goal was opened for more fans. Excitement was growing. This was going to be a special day. We were going to do this. We were going to win. We were going to stay up. 

Then Billy Macdonald took that free kick. 

The equalsier just before half-time raised hopes. There was a real upbeat atmosphere during the interval. The Great Escape was back on. 

We never turned up second half, we never really turned up in the first half either if truth be told. Ayr cantered to their win. 

The Player of the Year Dance that night wasn't exactly a barrel of laughs but that's another story.

Thanks for letting indulge in that bit of therapy :-) 

28 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

That was a traumatic watch not least as you can see me just before the first Ayr goal and just after the second Ayr goal. I never saw the third one go in, only the roar of the Ayr fans behind me as I stared vacantly across the Firhill pitch.

We were all set for relegation at Dens the weekend before but with Dundee downing tools having already won the league we raced to a 3-0 half-time lead which was how it finished. We really thought that at the end of a season in which we nearly went out of business that we'd not just survive off the pitch (the most important thing) but also survive in the First Division. 

The atmosphere in the pubs pre-match was great. Fans belting out the tune to 'The Great Escape'. The Thistle fans turned up in huge numbers and kept on coming. The JH Stand was soon full. The terracing behind the goal was opened for more fans. Excitement was growing. This was going to be a special day. We were going to do this. We were going to win. We were going to stay up. 

Then Billy Macdonald took that free kick. 

The equalsier just before half-time raised hopes. There was a real upbeat atmosphere during the interval. The Great Escape was back on. 

We never turned up second half, we never really turned up in the first half either if truth be told. Ayr cantered to their win. 

The Player of the Year Dance that night wasn't exactly a barrel of laughs but that's another story.

Thanks for letting indulge in that bit of therapy :-) 

I thought the Thistle fans were total class that day, we had just relegated them and their entire club was in danger, however the amount of Thistle fans who came up and wished us all the best, shook our hands etc post match will always stick with me as how genuine, decent and real football supporters behave.

As I say, class...........