Friday Night Football - Thistle vs Ayr

25 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Bet365 were 7/4 now out 19/10. I cant believe someone has put money on Thistle 🤷‍♂️

We could win but Ayr have kept their squad in tact and will be looking at ICT's fire sale as a good chance to aim for second spot.

Thistle are in flux and could have as many as 5 or 6 recent additions on Saturday. We're also bottom of the league on merit despite improved form over the last few weeks.

I'd be delighted with a 0-0 but that seems highly unlikely...

No clean sheets in the league all season, just saying. 😉

26 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Bet365 were 7/4 now out 19/10. I cant believe someone has put money on Thistle 🤷‍♂️

We could win but Ayr have kept their squad in tact and will be looking at ICT's fire sale as a good chance to aim for second spot.

Thistle are in flux and could have as many as 5 or 6 recent additions on Saturday. We're also bottom of the league on merit despite improved form over the last few weeks.

I'd be delighted with a 0-0 but that seems highly unlikely...

I think we'll be in for a real battle on Friday and McCall is sure to have your boys all fired up for this but we've shown over the past couple of matches that we can dig in and grind out results which gives even a born pessimist like myself a bit more positivity than usual...........

Having watched the Jags for many decade's there is a familiar pattern forming. Live TV ! I think the last time we won in a TV game you could only buy a black & white TV licence, no clean sheets at home this season, almost half a new team of players not used to playing with each other (ooh err missus), coming off the back of some bad results, Ownership/Boardroom/Backroom etc going through feck knows what, dissent amongst the ranks. It's all a familiar story to us BUT what keeps us all young or old keep following Patrick Thistle is that euphoria of pulling that unlikely win out the bag, making new hero's on the park, having a tale to tell, saying I was there, Thistle are once again in a transition and It is time to bring the Thistle family together, young & old we will watch the birth of a new Jags team on Friday nite, one that beats the seaside farmer's, one that drive's us onwards and upwards for a while at least before normal service resumes. Thistle 3 Ayr 1.
Sisco Credo Suscipio.

8 minutes ago, Credo67 said:

Having watched the Jags for many decade's there is a familiar pattern forming. Live TV ! I think the last time we won in a TV game you could only buy a black & white TV licence, no clean sheets at home this season, almost half a new team of players not used to playing with each other (ooh err missus), coming off the back of some bad results, Ownership/Boardroom/Backroom etc going through feck knows what, dissent amongst the ranks. It's all a familiar story to us BUT what keeps us all young or old keep following Patrick Thistle is that euphoria of pulling that unlikely win out the bag, making new hero's on the park, having a tale to tell, saying I was there, Thistle are once again in a transition and It is time to bring the Thistle family together, young & old we will watch the birth of a new Jags team on Friday nite, one that beats the seaside farmer's, one that drive's us onwards and upwards for a while at least before normal service resumes. Thistle 3 Ayr 1.
Sisco Credo Suscipio.

You should stop sniffing the glue mate.

45 minutes ago, Credo67 said:

Live TV ! I think the last time we won in a TV game you could only buy a black & white TV licence

We beat Connah’s Quay 2-0 this season, which was shown on S4C.

Taking Welsh channels out of the equation, we beat St Mirren 5-0 on BT Sport in 2017.

We're on a run of 26 league games on TV without a win dating back to 2013. Even stripping the OF out of that it stands at 14, including 5 games on BBC Scotland this season and last.

As Nightmare said, the only 2 TV games we've won in recent years were St Mirren when we were a league above them and vs Connahs Quay this year who surely wouldn't be at this level if they played in Scotland.

Edited by Fuctifano

I didn’t expect much on Saturday and would, somewhat grudgingly given our league position, settle for a point and a good performance on Friday. I’ve been happy with this transfer window and trust McCall to get enough out of the players to see us stay up this year. The big questions will be surely asked next season. I don’t see our first clean sheet coming too soon, so going with 1-1.