Friday Night Football - Thistle vs Ayr

19 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I know there is a PCA with Doc!

Surely he won’t want to play in league 1 next season. So I’d imagine he will be trying his hardest to get out of it

I seem to remember someone saying last year that a PCA "isn't worth the paper it's written on!" Or words to that effect.

Who it was escapes me.😏

Edited by paulbrucerick

1 minute ago, paulbrucerick said:

I seem to remember someone saying last year that a PCA "isn't worth the paper it's written on!" Or words to that effect.

Who it was escapes me.😏

That person also didn't like talking about signing players who were still under contract at other clubs.

7 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

Who it was escapes me.😏

Only If terms and conditions are agreed during pre contract discussions I believe it is legal as per statement below from football pre contract rules

if a pre-contract contains all the essential terms that have been agreed, then the pre-contract is effectively a final contract and is likely to be binding.

Bottom of the league Thistle who haven't kept a clean sheet in the league all season, while we're hitting a decent run of form and hopefully looking up the table rather than down. What could possibly go wrong?! 🤔

Will Doc

a) play in this one

b) for which team

Edited by BukyOHare

9 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Bottom of the league Thistle who haven't kept a clean sheet in the league all season, while we're hitting a decent run of form and hopefully looking up the table rather than down. What could possibly go wrong?! 🤔

Will Doc

a) play in this one

b) for which team

I’m hopeful and pretty sure Doc will still be an Ayr player come Friday however whether he starts is another matter. It really is atough one for Kerr. In one hand he has been very good last couple of games however if he was to have a stinker on Friday night a lot of our fans would blame it on the fact he’s signed the PCA. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

Don't think we've ever been in a game before where one of the players has openly signed a PCA with the other team, although obviously there will have been many cases where someone has already agreed verbally to play for someone else next season (our games vs Motherwell and Dundee Utd at the end of the 2002/3 season come to mind). I think there's enough daylight between the teams that if it were the other way around, I'd be OK with Docherty playing, but if it was an end of season decider type game I don't think he'd be anywhere near it.

As for the game itself, I'm currently in the "we're fucked"  mode, maybe as the week goes on I'll garner some optimism. I thought before the last game that surely McCall would know how to play the Ayr players and that our players would be right up for it but I couldn't have been more wrong.

Just watched the "highlights" from yesterday, MacKinnon is miles overweight and while I get that it was windy, our set piece defending is somehow getting worse as the season goes on. We must be close if not already into double figures conceded from set plays in the league this season.

38 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’m hopeful and pretty sure Doc will still be an Ayr player come Friday however whether he starts is another matter. It really is atough one for Kerr. In one hand he has been very good last couple of games however if he was to have a stinker on Friday night a lot of our fans would blame it on the fact he’s signed the PCA. 

Taking the captaincy off him has proven to be a good decision. Last few games he's been playing like he's got something to prove.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I think with the signings done and coming in that it’s a possibility Doc could be away in the window if some money was involved , he has not let us down since signing PCA and I would have no fear on playing him , lots of pressure would be on him though 

How so?

I think he was getting at how McCall has acted now compared to how he acted with ushad a go at the clubs and managers that signed folk on PCA or talking about raiding other clubs! Like Dundee Utd and Smith- he was absolutely raging when that was announced yet he has done that himself recently

Perhaps McCall at the time didn't feel like he was getting the backing of the board to try and retain boys like Smith. Who knows?
As of now he's doing what he feels best for Partick Thistle. I've absolutely no issue with it.
The only thing that did irk me was him giving it big licks about being conflicted about leaving when really it was a matter of time until Partick came knocking and he'd be away to the club he loves. He'd made no secret about it.
The best thing Ayr fans can do is get over it and give Kerr and the team all their focus on Friday night, and not pay the spectre of McCall any mind.

38 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Ayr are hilariously overpriced for this game (as are Alloa away at Inverness without turning it into a gambling thread) 

I reckoned Thistle would have been around 7/4 with Ayr 5/4, however some bookies were giving 2/1 on Ayr (now generally 15/8) with Thistle as short as 6/5 in places.

Still, if it was as simple as that we'd all be millionaires...........

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I reckoned Thistle would have been around 7/4 with Ayr 5/4, however some bookies were giving 2/1 on Ayr (now generally 15/8) with Thistle as short as 6/5 in places.

Still, if it was as simple as that we'd all be millionaires...........

Bet365 were 7/4 now out 19/10. I cant believe someone has put money on Thistle 🤷‍♂️

We could win but Ayr have kept their squad in tact and will be looking at ICT's fire sale as a good chance to aim for second spot.

Thistle are in flux and could have as many as 5 or 6 recent additions on Saturday. We're also bottom of the league on merit despite improved form over the last few weeks.

I'd be delighted with a 0-0 but that seems highly unlikely...