Friday Night Football - Thistle vs Ayr

Last couple of games against Ross County and Inverness we've tended to sit off and soak up pressure however with the opponent and the big wide pitch i think we'll got a bit more expansive on Friday night and pass it around on the deck.

Don't think it'll be a pumping like at Somerset cause McCall will be looking for revenge plus he'll probably shove a rocket up them after the result today, still think we should have enough to win. Will be interesting for us as to whether Kerr plays Docherty, think he will but if he doesn't then Gillespie will probably step in.

If we were to win this it would be a phenomenal January and put us in a brilliant place for the rest of the season.

3-1 Ayr

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Would love us to take a good support up to this one but unfortunately think the tv coverage will massively affect it!

Probably be 2-300 on Friday night, stuck in the corner of that stand, if it had been Saturday it would have probably been more like 500+

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Would love us to take a good support up to this one but unfortunately think the tv coverage will massively affect it!

Gonna watch it on my phone at a gig, much better use of my £20

13 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, it's the damn kick off time for me. Makes it a bit of a thought logistically. I should still be there though. 👍

Play like yesterday and we are in for another doing from Ayr and Forrest and Moffat running riot with our defence. Our TV game record is appalling also. Attendance will no doubt be poor due to timing, the game being on tv and us being pish. 

I take it we'll be shoved in the corner of the stand on the far side instead of the colin weir stand behind the dugouts, probably best tbh incase someone tries to start WW3 with McCall.

Going to put my neck out on the line here and say that i hope our anti McCall songs aren't quite as sour this time, i mean it's a few months since he left and we're now doing alright without him, just makes us a bit obsessed about him still imo.

Anyway TV coverage should be a laugh if they put a microphone in front of the ayr fans, think that'll get turned off within about 10 seconds.

Was expecting to come into this with no points from yesterday so we should approach it on a high. Wee double header for me with this and Barrow v Torquay on Saturday plus mandatory mad night out down there so just a wee bit excited. Think I'm in the minority but I love the Friday night games as long as they're accessible.

29 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I take it we'll be shoved in the corner of the stand on the far side instead of the colin weir stand behind the dugouts, probably best tbh incase someone tries to start WW3 with McCall.

... or throws a foil pie dish! 🤣

39 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Going to put my neck out on the line here and say that i hope our anti McCall songs aren't quite as sour this time, i mean it's a few months since he left and we're now doing alright without him, just makes us a bit obsessed about him still imo.

Anyway TV coverage should be a laugh if they put a microphone in front of the ayr fans, think that'll get turned off within about 10 seconds.

If anything I think McCalls reception will be even worse than he got at Somerset. At the time there were no PCA agreed and although it was expected he’d come in for some of our players there was nothing public knowledge. 

When he first left I’d say the vast majority of Ayr fans were mixed on their opinions of him however now I think most people think he’s nothing more than a snake. The way he’s behaved since leaving is a bit weird. You’ve also got to factor in that it’s an away game so fans more likely to have a had a few beers before it.