Morten vs Dundee

Thought it was an entertaining 1-1 draw. We had our chances but couldn't take them. Big Sutton's overhead kick would have been a worldie but was offside.

We dug in well after Jacobs went off showing plenty of fight in the team. 

McGinty  selt the jersey's for their first goal but settled in better in the 2nd half.

Bobby Madden... oh deary! 

Dundee were very bad, barely created anything with that man advantage and they had it for s fair bit. I know he’s well short of game time, but Berra looks totally done, even up against John Sutton. Astonishing both our teams could still finish in the promotion playoffs. 

Thought it was an entertaining 1-1 draw.

Would certainly beg to differ on that point. Content with a point given the (entirely correct and stupid) red card but it descended into a battle of the hammer throwers out in the second half. McPake seems to have decided that the best way to handle our awkward side is to stack his own backline with cloggers, endlessly passing it sideways before putting crap crosses into midget centre forwards. After hitting the post in the immediate aftermath of the red card Dundee created very little from that approach, which is clearly failing given that the teams have shared four points between then despite an obvious disparity in budgets.

The team digging in under pressure is an important feature but we should be playing better than that with eleven players on the pitch. Sutton and Orsi are far too limited to start when we actually have better quality options in our squad.

I'll take a point from that having played with 10 men for so long there, but that was definitely 3 points for the taking if we'd kept 11 men on the park.

No question about the sending off, 2 stupid and poor challenges for both yellow cards but no idea what Madden was doing with the way he sent him off. 

Looked to me like a stone waller of a  penalty on Orsi just before half time. If not, he definitely dived because the defender did not play the ball.

Sutton's goal looked like probably was offside but was a wonderful finish. Jim McAllister didn't need a wonderful finish because Hazard just handed it to him, almost literally. Same goes for Hemmings goal, garbage defending and he easily held off McGinty to finish. 

I thought McGinty got better from there but he did look pretty shaky at points.

Orsi put in a real shift and on that showing is potentially an asset for the rest of the season, but he really should have scored in the second half.

Christoph Berra is mince. He got away without a booking for far too long despite giving away free kick after free kick. And after he was booked for a pretty cynical foul he carried on with it. Definite liability. Not the only culprit in that Dundee team but he also passed the ball straight out the park on more occasions than any professional footballer should.

12 minutes ago, virginton said:

McPake seems to have decided that the best way to handle our awkward side is to stack his own backline with cloggers, endlessly passing it sideways before putting crap crosses into midget centre forwards [...] Dundee created very little from that approach

Believe me, it's not just your awkward side.

2 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Thought it was an entertaining 1-1 draw. We had our chances but couldn't take them. Big Sutton's overhead kick would have been a worldie but was offside.

We dug in well after Jacobs went off showing plenty of fight in the team. 

McGinty  selt the jersey's for their first goal but settled in better in the 2nd half.

Bobby Madden... oh deary! 

It was Orsi's overhead kick.. 

30 minutes ago, virginton said:

Would certainly beg to differ on that point. Content with a point given the (entirely correct and stupid) red card but it descended into a battle of the hammer throwers out in the second half. McPake seems to have decided that the best way to handle our awkward side is to stack his own backline with cloggers, endlessly passing it sideways before putting crap crosses into midget centre forwards. After hitting the post in the immediate aftermath of the red card Dundee created very little from that approach, which is clearly failing given that the teams have shared four points between then despite an obvious disparity in budgets.

The team digging in under pressure is an important feature but we should be playing better than that with eleven players on the pitch. Sutton and Orsi are far too limited to start when we actually have better quality options in our squad.

Not saying it was a classic but I enjoyed the game in the end up.

If Jacobs had stayed on we might have got all 3 points in my opinion. 

Believe me, it's not just your awkward side.

Oh you were certainly shite last week against Dunfermline, but more of the hilarious soft touch variety than the just rubbish, hammer throwing version that’s visited Cappielow twice this season. In both second halves you either had or needed to take the initiative in the game but played directly into our hands by just launching brainless balls into the box to nobody. It’s as if McPake was deliberately trying to outshitfest Hopkin, which would both take some doing and really isn’t the best use of the resources at his disposal.

Not saying it was a classic but I enjoyed the game in the end up.
If Jacobs had stayed on we might have got all 3 points in my opinion. 

Of course we might have won, but we played about as well with ten men on the park as we had with eleven during the first 55 minutes. It was a pretty poor performance from a crap starting lineup until the red card; this shouldn’t be overlooked because another battling performance with little real quality won’t really do at home to Queen of the South next week.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

Would certainly beg to differ on that point. 

Wot, you??  No shit, Sherlock, who’d’ve thunk it? 😜 You can be as sniffy as you like, as ever, but up till the sending off around the hour mark it was certainly worth watching - not the most skilful game, and littered with mistakes, but but both teams had chances and had he been onside Orsi’s ”goal” would’ve been worth winning any game. After the sending off it was more like backs to the wall, but Dundee rarely troubled us.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

given that the teams have shared four points between then

Err, no, champ, they haven’t. They’ve shared a potential nine points between them over three games, and with a win each and a draw they’ve won four points each.. Simple stuff, this; straightforward fact-based analysis. Happy to help you out.

3 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Yet you still failed to beat us at home. Says more about Morten to be honest.

Err, “still” ?  We beat you here last time out, and had every chance of beating you again today. Could’ve won it even with ten men;  you failed to win even though it was against ten men for a third of the game. Says more about Dundee to be honest. And I think you know that.