Airdrieonians Fc vs Stranraer [emoji849]

24 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Just pointing out the fact that a Pie and Bovril thread title ain’t gonna decide a league title like some of the loony’s on here

Nice try, but the fates have taken notice, and your quest is now doomed. Move quietly to the rear.

If you ask any airdrie fan do you expect to win the league? the answer will be no.  Ask can you win it? For the 1st time in years the answer is yes.  Surely it's fine for people to dream.. we haven't had much to believe in for a while.  So for some to be milking the moment is fine. It's just a bit of banter as we have been the ones on the receiving end of the joke for too long.  Finally we have a squad that can compete at the top of the league.  Not that I expect anything but 3 points against stranrar then for the 1st time in a while a win over raith then who knows.   GO ON MY FELLOW DIAMONDS.  DARE TO DREAM. 

10 hours ago, Ballboy said:

If you ask any airdrie fan do you expect to win the league? the answer will be no.  Ask can you win it? For the 1st time in years the answer is yes.  Surely it's fine for people to dream.. we haven't had much to believe in for a while.  So for some to be milking the moment is fine. It's just a bit of banter as we have been the ones on the receiving end of the joke for too long.  Finally we have a squad that can compete at the top of the league.  Not that I expect anything but 3 points against stranrar then for the 1st time in a while a win over raith then who knows.   GO ON MY FELLOW DIAMONDS.  DARE TO DREAM. 

Do you forget earlier on in season that ref decision gave you a draw, his decision was later rescinded, you maybe writing Stranraer of to early.

Feeling unusually confident about this one today.

I hope Murray sticks with the formation that has served us so well over the past couple of months. I fear he’ll try and change it to shoe horn Andy Ryan and Callum Gallagher into the team.

I’d like to see us lineup:

Hutton

McDonald - Fordyce - Crighton - McCann

Kerr - Roberts - Millar

Thomson - Gallagher - Carrick

Bring on Ryan after an hour to give him some game time.

Airdrie 2 - 0 Stranraer. Gallagher with one and Ryan with one.

442 - guessing  Fordyce at right back, Kerr centre with Crichton, McCann left  back  - holding/defensive midfielders Kerr and Miller with Carrick and Smith doing offensive duties with Ryan and Gallagher up top.

Had a hunch about Hutton as he's been out of sorts for a couple of weeks but still a shock. No Roberts in the squad. 

Ummm- not feeling particularly confident. Hope I am wrong.

442 - guessing  Fordyce at right back, Kerr centre with Crichton, McCann left  back  - holding/defensive midfielders Kerr and Miller with Carrick and Smith doing offensive duties with Ryan and Gallagher up top.
Had a hunch about Hutton as he's been out of sorts for a couple of weeks but still a shock. No Roberts in the squad. 
Roberts now back in the squad and in the bench courtesy of young Barrowman dropping out through illness.
Strange as I'd assumed Roberts was injured when he didn't feature initially but apparently just dropped.

Roberts now back in the squad and in the bench courtesy of young Barrowman dropping out through illness.
Strange as I'd assumed Roberts was injured when he didn't feature initially but apparently just dropped.

Bonkers. I know he’s apparently had fitness issues but surely he can’t be so unfit he can’t even make the bench?

I can’t see I’ve noticed him being particularly unfit at any point this season.

Smith is never a right midfielder in a 4-4-2, if that is the formation we’re going with I’m surprised he’s not went with Thomson.

5 hours ago, thomas 62 said:

Do you forget earlier on in season that ref decision gave you a draw, his decision was later rescinded, you maybe writing Stranraer of to early.

It was the late goal that gave us the draw.  Then we were unlucky not to win it with crightons header.  Plus we are a different more confident team from then.  The last game down at your place showed that.

Edited by Ballboy

2 hours ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Bonkers. I know he’s apparently had fitness issues but surely he can’t be so unfit he can’t even make the bench?

I can’t see I’ve noticed him being particularly unfit at any point this season.

7 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

Ian Murray will ruin our season. Terrible team selection and even worse subs.

Must have some personal issue with Roberts .it is not his fitness , if it was I would rather have him for 60 min than any of our midfield for ninety .poor result at home once again ,one thing for sure we will have to beat rovers or they are away from us ,

We wont beat Raith Rovers, no need to worry about that. If he has personal issues then hes want to grow the f**k up and sort it out for the greater good of the team.

Must have some personal issue with Roberts .it is not his fitness , if it was I would rather have him for 60 min than any of our midfield for ninety .poor result at home once again ,one thing for sure we will have to beat rovers or they are away from us ,

Just now, Jack Reed said:

Manager trying to be way too clever in his selection. As for Roberts being dropped- really don't know what he is going on but he should be getting game time. Funnily enough when he returned to the team against Forfar last year we went on an unbeaten run of six. You figure.

That was poor.  Kerr played like he was wearing ice skates.  I think mckay was moved to right back as Murray thinks hes a better defender or just wants to keep the long throw.  Gal played like he couldn't trap a bag of bricks.  Fantastic save from their goalie at the end.  Ally roy came on and was worst I've seen from him. The only time our goal was troubled was from our mistakes.  Wee need to improve and quickly.