Star Trek: Picard

King Kebab

It's not like it's anything new. From Hugh to Seven to Unimatrix Zero plus whoever in between a Borg story of someone cut off from the Collective usually goes in this kind of direction.

My head was more scrambled by the timey wimey consequences of letting the new queen leave.

The last 20 minutes were clearly setting up season 3. Working with the Borg to defeat some bigger enemy. 

Nice to see Wil Wheaton get a cameo. Still didn't get to the bottom of why Q was dying, which is a shame. I thought that would be a big part of it. Overall a nice end to the series but please, please no more Brent Spiner playing a Soong. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

The last 20 minutes were clearly setting up season 3. Working with the Borg to defeat some bigger enemy.

Not to sure what it will be, but it's been confirmed that a number of the Picard cast won't be back for s3 which is why they were wrapped up.

Only Picard, Seven, and Raffi are coming back

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Nice to see Wil Wheaton get a cameo. Still didn't get to the bottom of why Q was dying, which is a shame. I thought that would be a big part of it. Overall a nice end to the series but please, please no more Brent Spiner playing a Soong. 

I liked the first episode, and the last, but the middle eight episodes were dull. I’ll definitely watch S3, because most of Series 1 was as good as anything I’ve seen in years.  

On 09/05/2022 at 10:47, FairWeatherFan said:

Only Picard, Seven, and Raffi are coming back

Raffi was awful,

Spoiler

the worst thing in it apart from Q's fingers miraculously managing to click again so he could end Picard's psychotherapy and send them home.

34 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Raffi was awful,

Reveal hidden contents

the worst thing in it apart from Q's fingers miraculously managing to click again so he could end Picard's psychotherapy and send them home.

Overall I enjoyed it more than the first season.  Might even watch it again.

Q was brilliant throughout.  More of him would have been great.  Conversely less of the Brent Spiner character.

I understand he must have become sick of playing Data but it is a bit like Rod Hull and Emu for me - he is less interesting doing anything else.

The worst bit was being inside Picard's head for 30 minutes which was 29 minutes too long.

35 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

Brent Spiner has shown time and again that outside of playing Data, he's a fucking terrible actor.

And Raffi is just an awful character.  

Quite clearly they only got him to join the cast by promising him a role that didn’t involve playing an emotionally restrained android.  

He got to show off his acting chops, and proved himself incapable of portraying emotions. 

Seems like a pretty good bloke on the old socials, but yeah, rotten actor. 

I actually enjoyed the finale. Not wild on the middle section of the series but overall it was decent enough. 

Good bits: John de Lancie, pretty much always but in particular the scene at the end where Q and Picard basically made up and there was forgiveness on both sides. Alison Pill, once they stopped with the scatty professor stuff. The clone/GM storyline was actually quite a good concept. Wesley/The Traveller and tying together the observer storyline (that had already mentioned Garry Seven from original Trek). Always good to see Wil Wheaton.

Bad bits: Captain Chris was underused, Elnor was barely in it, yet another Soong and bringing back a temporal agent from Voyager (or at least the actor) to play the FBI guy but doing nothing with it.

Think there is going to be a major new threat for season 3 and they'll have to work with the Borg (and maybe the Dominion) to defeat them. Should be good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...