Star Trek: Picard

King Kebab

On 20/03/2022 at 08:52, Newbornbairn said:

Can't be bothered with this doddery auld  man wheezing through a bad script.

My mate says it's like he's talking through a sweater. 

Starting to feel that the weak link in the show is, well, Picard himself. 

I feel like I've spent most of the show making excuses about why it's not good. 

I think a big problem is that those in charge don't seem to have any story ideas other than Evil Alternate Universe, Evil AI and Time Travel. And the Red Angel mystery was boring enough the first time  without redoing it using the Borg Queen. 

Also, Patrick Stewart hasn't been good at playing Picard for about 25 years now, it's like he forgot how to act him during First Contact. 

I really want this to be good (third episode felt very meh) and for there to be a grand plan of Qs that makes some sense but I'm expecting the worst. 

I am enjoying this season.

I see this episode is directed by Lea Thompson, who starred in "Back to the Future".

I also see that one of the producers is Paul Gadd.  Not to be confused with somebody else who has the same name.

Cameo from one of the Impractical Jokers this week. 

Another solid episode. Liked young Guinan but she should have remembered him from the TNG episode where they met in the 1800s.

Not a fan of in jokes but liked the punk on the bus. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Another solid episode. Liked young Guinan but she should have remembered him from the TNG episode where they met in the 1800s.

They've just erased all of Star Trek history from some point in 2024 onwards. They never would have met, because the Enterprise crew we know never existed to go back in time.

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Cameo from one of the Impractical Jokers this week. 

Not a fan of in jokes but liked the punk on the bus. 

Remember they’re from a future that TNG didn’t exist 

If I didn’t exist, they couldn’t have went back in time to meet her originally 

66AFFCE6-9963-4ABF-827D-F0A913562514.jpeg

9 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Another solid episode 

I did laugh that the Borg Queen’s big plan to escape was basically 

Reveal hidden contents

Phone the polis 

Agree. The show has hit it's stride I think. 

Just an enjoyable adventure. 

42 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Aye was another good ep, interesting to see where they are going with the Q storyline, is he trying to help or f**k them over, 

Think they are hinting that he is ill or dying. Not sure how it fits into what he is doing though. 

4 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Aye was another good ep, interesting to see where they are going with the Q storyline, is he trying to help or f**k them over, 

I’m starting to think 

Spoiler

Renee Picard storyline is a bit of a red herring, Whatever Q is upto with Soong will change the timeline

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

I see they’re bringing the band back together for season 3

I had to double check that the season two hadn't finished already. Seems a really weird time to promo season three in the middle of the current season. You would have thought they would release it as a teaser after the finale.

20 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I see they’re bringing the band back together for season 3

Dunno how i feel about that, i quite like the expansion of new characters and new settings, ive always said that star wars could and should move away from the central core of characters and locations that it used for 9 films, 

Same for star trek, maybe they will do something and its just fleeting appearances by TNG cast, but i seriously doubt it