Star Trek: Picard

King Kebab

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Bit of a mixed bag this week I think. Seems to be a hell of a lot of set up so the final episode or two will have to be sensational to pay off all the build up.

Hide contents

Frakes as Riker was of course superb. Just like his guest turn in DS9, it was a treat seeing him back and even moreso the amount of scenes he had with Picard. Gutted for Hugh mind you, he was actually quite an interesting character and much more complex than the original TNG iteration. Wondered how they'd get Elnor back in but he seemed to have some kind of emergency beacon thing at the end? Unless that was his way into the Queen's cell. Who knows what's going on. Much like the episode on Freecloud, it was very Star Warsy - like Narek taking his Tie Fighter off the Death Star. I mean his scout ship off the Cube. Which is fine I guess, but if I wanted Star Wars I'd get Disney + and watch the Mandolorian. I want to see Picard.

Spoiler

the beacon is the one that 7 gave Picard to call in the Rangers if he needed help

It was a heart warming episode, I thought. I'd always assumed that the Rikers would be in a ship somewhere - nice to see that I was wrong (even if for a terrible reason). And they can now tell Picard when he's being too gruff. Wonder if we will see them again?

Thoroughly enjoyed that and it really tied a lot together, enjoyed the wee Borg Queen moment and really the next Star Trek spin-off should be all about “Ian the Holographic Engineer and His Galactic Adventures!!!

On 14/03/2020 at 11:51, KnightswoodBear said:
  Hide contents

Star Trek: Galactica

All of this has happened before, and will happen again 

Exactly what I said to my son when we watched it. 

Spoiler

"SO, they're worried about the cylons, then.

Thought it was a bit iffy, some good and some bad. A Seven and Elnor as Fenrus Rangers spin-off seems almost inevitable at this moment, to go along with Below Decks, the 2 animated series, Section 31 and a possible Pike series.

You forgot about Star Trek: The Adventures of Ian!!!