Star Trek: Picard

King Kebab

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

So wait, the borg are bad guys again, at the end of season two they joined the federation in defeating something worse did they not when the queen and that scientist chick were one and the same, 

Or have i missed something

Time travelling borg are their own thing. All the Delta Quadrant originating Borg are still there. Otherwise Voyager/Seven wouldn't have been a thing.

I think the Pill Queen had the intention of making it to the Delta Quadrant to turn all the real borg into her goodies, but obviously got sidetracked along the way.

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Time travelling borg are their own thing. All the Delta Quadrant originating Borg are still there. Otherwise Voyager/Seven wouldn't have been a thing.

I think the Pill Queen had the intention of making it to the Delta Quadrant to turn all the real borg into her goodies, but obviously got sidetracked along the way.

Aye but she came back mind, she connected the starfleet ships and they done something to close a rift or some shit like that at the end of season two, so she was back in the alpha quad 

On the episode itself, quite a weak one for the season. There is the confusion of the Borg Queen as noted above. Bringing back Shelby was nice...only for her to make one short speech then get shot dead. The Enterprise F looked a big old beast. 

The last 10 minutes...why? We're into the realms of fan fiction now, bringing back the D. 

4 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I don't care that this was total fan service, the last episode was magnificent.  

I agree, that was a tremendous episode and if it really is the end of the line for the TNG Crew then they’ve closed it excellently!!!

Will there be new Series centred on an Enterprise, they’ve certainly left a couple of hooks for it to be hung on or they’re just showing us that the adventure will always continue!!!

3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

I agree, that was a tremendous episode and if it really is the end of the line for the TNG Crew then they’ve closed it excellently!!!

Will there be new Series centred on an Enterprise, they’ve certainly left a couple of hooks for it to be hung on or they’re just showing us that the adventure will always continue!!!

Bit of both. The showrunner has a pitch/idea that you might see mentioned online called Star Trek: Legacy. It's not in development like the Section 31 movie or the Academy show. Time will tell if the threads are ever picked up again.

Loved every single episode this season.

How can they go from the rancid dug shite of season 2 to that?

Vadic is up there with Kahn and the Borg Queen as great villains.

Yes it's pure fan service.  f**k all wrong with that.

I unashamedly shouted out FUCKING YES!! COME ON!! when the Enterprise D flew to Jupiter to knock the f**k out the Borg cube.

I loved every cameo and tbh it all felt right.  Poor Shelby.

Fucking greeting at the end of a tv show man...

EDIT: I've just clicked that the President of Earth being called Anton Chekov is a tribute to Anton Yelchin.

Also was voiced by the Walter Koenig.

Edited by Lofarl
nerd stuff

6 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Did we all get the wee after-titles setup with

Spoiler

Jack & Q

?

Damn that was a good finale, the send off TNG crew deserved, and as a star wars fan as well the nods towards the death star in RotJ was tremendous viewing

Defo want to see more of the Enterprise G and her new crew, they had what, 5 mins on screen at the end and it already looked better than discovery lol