Star Trek: Picard

King Kebab

7 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Only seem the first two so far and it's a 6.5/10 for me. Not convinced by the villain, don't like Jack, don't mind the Raffi stuff but it's been done before.

The Raffi B story has allowed Worf to do some good stuff, so I’ll allow it.  Fair fucks to all involved to give the audience essentially what they wanted after the shambles of series 2.  

Enjoyed episode 3. I like the use of music from Wrath of Khan at the start when the Titan went in to the Nebula.

Picardy asking Crusher why she was such a c**t regarding not telling him about Jack was good stuff.

Who is this Vadic bint? Why does she want to capture Jack so badly?

Enjoyed Worf's patter. "Beheading are on a Wednesday" was a great line.

River getting Picard tell was top stuff too. Picard's repeated insistence that they attack was just daft and Riker kept trying to tell him this. When eventually they ran out of options Riker was shown to be absolutely correct. Picard really did look like a daft old tit in that moment.

Edited by DA Baracus

I am very much enjoying this. Episode 3 was excellent, and good to learn who the baddies behind the scenes are. 

Worf alluding to his old friend, an honourable man, was a subtle but touching tribute, I thought. 

Enjoyable episode but a bit of a filler one, with only a couple of scenes of note to the overall story (those being that Vadic is a changeling and the final one with Jack; incidentally, that red door thing was terrifying!).

A tad silly with the escape mind, with some convenient energy pulse nonsense, but I suppose that's classic Star Trek stuff.

Also, nice to know that you can still get fish and chips in the future.

Good but a few things came to mind. When Shaw was in the holodeck talking about Wolf 359 I honestly thought he would be revealed as a changeling at that stage.

Second, why isn't Shaw back in command of his ship? A wee leg injury that hasn't stopped him for a minute surely isn't reason enough to hand command to Riker.

What are those visions that Jack is having? Bound to be the root of this whole thing.

Finally, was this Picard's first f-bomb?

On 13/03/2023 at 14:12, scottsdad said:

Good but a few things came to mind. When Shaw was in the holodeck talking about Wolf 359 I honestly thought he would be revealed as a changeling at that stage.

Second, why isn't Shaw back in command of his ship? A wee leg injury that hasn't stopped him for a minute surely isn't reason enough to hand command to Riker.

What are those visions that Jack is having? Bound to be the root of this whole thing.

Finally, was this Picard's first f-bomb?

Did seem bit weird they weren't frantically testing everyone as could well be more than one changeling on board. Starfleet would surely have a regulation since the dominion war they could dig out. Could have occurred  off camera I suppose. 

Reckon when Admiral Picard override Shaw's orders he had lost what lingering authority he had. Given the way he spoke to Picard probably lost lot more respect from his crew. Feels like he will get some sort of redemption by sacrificing himself at some point to save the crew. 

12 hours ago, grazza said:

Did seem bit weird they weren't frantically testing everyone as could well be more than one changeling on board. Starfleet would surely have a regulation since the dominion war they could dig out. Could have occurred  off camera I suppose. 

Reckon when Admiral Picard override Shaw's orders he had lost what lingering authority he had. Given the way he spoke to Picard probably lost lot more respect from his crew. Feels like he will get some sort of redemption by sacrificing himself at some point to save the crew. 

DS9 really covered how to do this with phaser sweeps and blood testing. Looking for a bucket (which by the end Odo never used) was a little odd.

27 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

DS9 really covered how to do this with phaser sweeps and blood testing. Looking for a bucket (which by the end Odo never used) was a little odd.

It got touched on in the latest episode. There was some sort check before boarding as default. These changelings have evolved though. Which can explain the CGI meaty soup being sucked down the drain look instead of the shiny 90s effect.

Seen a recent betting ad (PaddyPower/Bet365). Reminding everyone that Colm Meaney's right there! If we're doing the cameos bring it on Picard.

15 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Hard to watch some of this stuff. The script is corny as hell and as for Picard, he's gone from

image.gif.b1dbf3b6894f6bbb4f973aa0e39be87f.gif

to

image.gif.d87cfe0f134b505f241578fc8aa48a8f.gif

If you're talking about this season then no point in watching the first two, they really are dire.

This one has been pretty good so far, at least it's still holding my attention like the other two

17 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If you're talking about this season then no point in watching the first two, they really are dire.

This one has been pretty good so far, at least it's still holding my attention like the other two

I thought the first season was great.  The second was utter drivel, and the makers are basically apologising for it with season three, which is basically made entirely for 40 year olds who watched TNG.

17 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I thought the first season was great.  The second was utter drivel, and the makers are basically apologising for it with season three, which is basically made entirely for 40 year olds who watched TNG.

Finally, someone making a TV show entirely for me!

On 20/03/2023 at 15:48, Savage Henry said:

Went off the first two series after the first couple of episodes, this one is great so far. I still don't think dual or multi track narratives work as well on TV as they do in Sci-Fi books, and I still can't stand Rafaella, she acts like she's just walked off the set of Law and Order or something, just doesn't work.

On 17/02/2023 at 20:51, Fullerene said:

FTFY.

He makes an appearance in the Animated series.

He also makes an appearance in the first episode of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, he’s the Admiral that chases Pike, who’s  on horseback, through the snow in his shuttle and tells him to get his arse back on the Enterprise!!!

Though he looks a bit different from the animated version!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've done a synopsis of each episode:

Episode 1: Picard turns to an old friend for help.

Episode 2: Picard turns to an old friend for help.

Episode 3: Picard turns to an old friend for help.

Episode 4: Picard turns to an old friend for help.

Episode 5: Picard turns to an old friend for help.

Episode 6: Picard turns to an old friend for help.

Episode 7: Picard turns to an old friend for help.

Episode 8: Picard turns to an old friend for help.

Episode 9: Picard turns to an old friend for help.

Episode 10: Picard turns to an old friend for help.