Star Trek: Picard

King Kebab

Excellent ending, nearly shedding a wee tear at the end!!!
Surely a 2nd Season with Picard and his rag-tag mob roaming around the universe righting wrongs and punishing evil-doers must be on the cards???

Rios forgetting that his new burd offed her previous boyfriend in his sick-bay a couple of episodes ago???

5 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Aye, great ending. Would love to see a second series.

Lucky for you then as a second series was confirmed ages ago. Stewart already asked Whoopi Goldberg to come back for it.

What happened to Narek?

Also there's a huge Borg cube with loads of XBs, who 7 just left, still on the planet. 

Commodore Oh just got away as well.

Lucky there's a second season to explain these things.

Riker is indeed the man. Frakes does a lot of Star Trek directing, but he's always welcome in front of the camera - his wee guest spots on DS9 and Voyager were series highlights and he was the only good thing about the awful Enterprise finale.

Not convinced by the deus ex machina (in both a philosophical and an obvious way to get out of the big "shock" three quarters through the episode) but the bits with Data were superb and had me in bits. Is Jeri Ryan joining the main cast now? Seems Seven and Raffi are a thing now which will piss of the "it's not Real Star Trek" crew, which is a good thing, but I wonder if she'll want to commit to a second season. I wonder if they'll go for an "alien of the week" format with an overriding story arc like Discovery and DS9 or if they'll do another 10 episode story in full like this one. To be honest, I think I'd prefer the former.

What happened to Narek?
Also there's a huge Borg cube with loads of XBs, who 7 just left, still on the planet. 

The writer answered a question about the XBs in a Q&A session. They join Song and the synths on Coppelius

Riker is indeed the man. Frakes does a lot of Star Trek directing, but he's always welcome in front of the camera - his wee guest spots on DS9 and Voyager were series highlights and he was the only good thing about the awful Enterprise finale.

His scenes were filmed on a redriessed version of the Discovery bridge. Filmed when he was directing a Season 3 episode.

5 hours ago, ajwffc said:
On 28/03/2020 at 18:57, DA Baracus said:
What happened to Narek?

The writer answered a question about the XBs in a Q&A session. They join Song and the synths on Coppelius

Makes sense and that's what I would have expected.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I have absolutely no excitement in me for this. 

Since Enterprise ended I was gagging for another new show to carry on. And what they have served up has been mediocre at best. 

Discovery is just a mess. Picard is dull and the ending of series 1 was awful. Lower Decks is alright for a laugh but it is just a cartoon. Prodigy is the worst Star Trek ever made. 

Pinning all my hopes on Strange New Worlds but really, I imagine this group of producers will find a way to ruin that as well.

On 24/01/2022 at 15:53, scottsdad said:

I have absolutely no excitement in me for this. 

Since Enterprise ended I was gagging for another new show to carry on. And what they have served up has been mediocre at best. 

Discovery is just a mess. Picard is dull and the ending of series 1 was awful. Lower Decks is alright for a laugh but it is just a cartoon. Prodigy is the worst Star Trek ever made. 

Pinning all my hopes on Strange New Worlds but really, I imagine this group of producers will find a way to ruin that as well.

I enjoyed Picard, despite them not quite nailing the landing.  Discovery had it's moments for the first 2 seasons, but season 3 was guff and now that it's been removed from Netflix i've made no effort to see s4.  I actually think Lower Decks is the best Trek for ages.

Very much looking forward to Strange New Worlds as Captain Pike was easily the best thing about Discovery