Hearts v Rangers, Sun 26th Jan 2020

I ken um ur a Jambo, and I've hud a bew beers, but f**k rangers and their 'community'. 

Having said that, I will be attending the morn's sash bash - a point's no' much good tae either side, but rangers have better players, so they should win.

Nae surrender, though. 

Edited by paranoid android

I think Hearts will win. I have nothing to base that one and it'll probably be completely wrong, perhaps spectacularly so, but I feel like we're going to win.

26 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I think Hearts will win. I have nothing to base that one and it'll probably be completely wrong, perhaps spectacularly so, but I feel like we're going to win.

Hope you’re right. Fingers crossed for you 👍

Rangers are very strong in midfield and we can't afford to be as open as we (apparently) were against Ross County, so as much as it's tempting to stick all our attacking players in at the expense of our dross CMs, I think we'll go with three in the middle of the park.

Assuming Smith and Hickey are still out:

Pereira

Clare Souttar Halkett Garuccio

Bozanic Sibbick Irving

Washington Naismith Avdijaj

Subs: Zlámal, Dikamona, White, Damour, Meshino, Ikpeazu, Boyce.

We still give up too many chances, so the most likely outcome is a pumping. Thankfully the Hamilton result yesterday has eased the pressure a bit and anything we get here is a bonus.

On 24/01/2020 at 17:47, Romeo said:

Rangers to beat their east coast equivalent relatively easily.

I think Rangers will win, but I don't think it'll be an easy game. Rangers seriously lacked creativity with Morelos and Tav missing the other day and it'll probably be the same today.

1-0 or 2-1 Rangers. 

(Hearts to get a player sent off, Rangers to get a penalty etc)

2 minutes ago, thepundit said:

I think Rangers will win, but I don't think it'll be an easy game. Rangers seriously lacked creativity with Morelos and Tav missing the other day and it'll probably be the same today.

1-0 or 2-1 Rangers. 

(Hearts to get a player sent off, Rangers to get a penalty etc)

I think tomorrow will be Monday.

IMG_3001.thumb.jpg.947a572eac64111e982587a80e7b155e.jpg

Presumably Clare, Souttar, Halkett, White. Moore, Irving, Sibbick, Henderson. Naismith behind Boyce.

ETA; thought we’d stick 3 in the centre of the park, maybe Naisy drop deeper than I expect.

Good to see Boyce, but a weird, weird selection otherwise. Moore and Henderson? Why? I know they did fairly well against Airdrie but I'd be surprised if they make any impact here. The midfield in general looks light, which seems like a mistake.

White starting and no defenders among the subs is also a concern. I assume Garuccio is injured.

On the plus side, our attacking options on the bench look good.

I think also that it will be a similar formation to the team that played Airdrie with White replacing Hickey, Sibbick for Smith and Boyce in for Washington.

And it looks like he rested the kids at Ross County and he's brought them back in for this one. It is a risk but the midfield is lacking ability regardless.