Cowdenbeath vs Brechin

Cowdenbeath host Brechin on Saturday in an interesting League two fixture.

I'm interested to see  how Josh Rae and Graeme Taylor perform as I rate both actually.

Cowden fans. How long do you have Josh Rae for ?  I thought he was very good when we had him on loan recently.

33 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

I'm interested to see  how Josh Rae and Graeme Taylor perform as I rate both actually.

Cowden fans. How long do you have Josh Rae for ?  I thought he was very good when we had him on loan recently.

Keeper good but kicking poor.We’ve got him until the end of the season.

56 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

He was playing for Edinburgh as a trialist. 

We got away with one today. We were clearly a superior side but Bollan's instructions at half time were atrocious. Had we not got the 3rd then the blame was solely down to him. Nothing wrong with sitting off a bit but we sat FAR too deep and invited Brechin onto us - the goal was coming and deserved.

Mullen at left back is a waste too. Why make three changes to the side? Why not keep Mullen in his usual place where he's been very good this season? Granted, Buchanan had a decent game at RWB but the balance to the side just wasn't right without a natural left footed left back.

We tried the same against Annan and got away with it too. An excellent save prevented them getting a 2nd with plenty time left.

21 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

We got away with one today. We were clearly a superior side but Bollan's instructions at half time were atrocious. Had we not got the 3rd then the blame was solely down to him. Nothing wrong with sitting off a bit but we sat FAR too deep and invited Brechin onto us - the goal was coming and deserved.

Mullen at left back is a waste too. Why make three changes to the side? Why not keep Mullen in his usual place where he's been very good this season? Granted, Buchanan had a decent game at RWB but the balance to the side just wasn't right without a natural left footed left back.

We tried the same against Annan and got away with it too. An excellent save prevented them getting a 2nd with plenty time left.

2nd half was heart attack material! 

Switching off exactly like they did against Annan!

Very lucky to have that last goal chopped off cos it looked like it came off the cowden guy with very little interference from the Brechin guy.. 3 points really needed and the gap between 4th increasing.

Need to make these two games against Albion Rovers count when it comes around!

Played some fantastic stuff 1st half passing ball around, Jordan Allan scoring a great header from Fraser Mullen free kick.
Lucky with 2nd goal blunder from their keeper.
Jordan so unlucky last kick of 1st half - some skill n shot bouncing back of post. Felt 3 nil would have finished job. 2nd half we seemed to stop!!! No sure if wind was a factor ? But Brechin right back in it and deserved to get back level.
Credit to us for coming back and going on to win the game.

Why do we sit so deep. All it does is make it easier for the opposition. Brechin are decent when they get going, but still give away poor goals.

Edited by PELE

2nd half was heart attack material! 
Switching off exactly like they did against Annan!
Very lucky to have that last goal chopped off cos it looked like it came off the cowden guy with very little interference from the Brechin guy.. 3 points really needed and the gap between 4th increasing.
Need to make these two games against Albion Rovers count when it comes around!

The chopped off goal would have been robbery. I think it was mcmanus but may have been someone else was near pulling the shirt off Todds back when the ball went through.

But aside from that if Brechin had scored four I wouldn’t have argued. They missed a few glorious chances.

Hey ho we took ours and thats the name of the game.

4 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

I was at Brechin and Olly Hamilton scored two and ripped us to bits.

today up against Mullen, he never got a kick at the ball and was subbed. 

I had nothing on today and fancied seeing a game so headed along to this. Brechin were probably a wee bit unlucky not to get a point from it in the end after a good second half comeback.

Cowden were comfortably the better side for the whole of the first half and I don't think it's outrageous to say that Brechin were absolutely dire before half time. Brechin fans have always seemed quite reasonable when I've been among them at Glebe Park, but many of them seemed absolutely raging with that first half today, and understandably so. They just seemed to go wrong with everything they tried to do, with the keeper making an arse of it for the second goal being totally in keeping with the rest of it.

There didn't look to be that much difference early in the second half either but that was some comeback. Beautiful shot to make it 2-1 and probably too easy a header for the second straight after. Brechin had some good chances after that, more than Cowden made when they were on top in the first half. Poor goal for them to lose for the winner though, looked like someone completely lost their man at a free kick that didn't look all that dangerous.

That's the first game I've been to as a neutral for a few years and I enjoyed it after it got interesting in the second half.

I was at Brechin and Olly Hamilton scored two and ripped us to bits.
today up against Mullen, he never got a kick at the ball and was subbed. 
Very fair point. May well have been GB's thinking then as no doubt Mullen is better defensively than Swann.

21 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

They’ll be too busy with the Aberdeen threads. There were quite a few at CP on Saturday.

Nah , quite a few were nursing severe hangovers yesterday by all accounts. 

The rest have just given up hope. 

Thankfully I didn't go myself but resorted to a pleasant game of golf instead. .......... Much more rewarding. 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Nah , quite a few were nursing severe hangovers yesterday by all accounts. 

The rest have just given up hope. 

Thankfully I didn't go myself but resorted to a pleasant game of golf instead. .......... Much more rewarding. 

Nothing wrong with the way Brechin played 2nd half. Surprised your pensioners lasted.

Looked much better than Stenny.

I've certainly not given up hope. 

I would be a lot more worried if we weren't creating chances and scoring goals. But we have good players up front and I really think that end of the pitch isn't a problem. 

Obviously we are conceding a lot of soft goals though but if we can tighten up a bit at the back we would look not too bad.

Hopefully we can get in a couple of more defensive minded players this week to help with that and ideally guys with a bit of experience.