Stenhousemuir v Edinburgh City

This weekend sees Stenny host Edinburgh City at Ochilview park.

Stenhousemuir may have gained some confidence from last week's great away win at Elgin.

City meanwhile have been very poor the last two weeks, and badly need to get back on track with a win here.

No prediction from me as I've no idea which City team will turn up!

It's hard to tell whether or not Stenhousemuir have turned a corner after last week's fine win over Elgin City but nevertheless, I'd be delighted to take something from tomorrow's game. The last time I watched the sides take on each other (all the way back in August!) we stunk out the joint and we were probably even worse at Ainslie Park in late October. We're effectively a different team now but even so, we look soft-centred and some of the goals we've lost in recent weeks have been poor.

No reason to change a winning line-up if everyone's fit and available:

- Mark McGuigan - Greig Spence -

- Callum Moore - Connor McBrearty - Ryan Blair - David Hopkirk -

- Scott McLaughlin - Andy Munro - Bob Wilson - Jonathan Tiffoney -

- Graeme Smith -

As mentioned earlier, a point would be lovely but a win would be even better!

Didn't witness the win in Elgin, but since the turn of the year, we have been performing much better than the scorelines suggest, but...we concede two goals every single game and I honestly don't think Bob Wilson will improve things. In fact I fear he will make it worse. The good news is that going forward we look dangerous and McGuigan has looked back to his best (which has coincided with the improved performances)

We will see the worth or not of Wilson tomorrow.  Munro, while a great leader, needs to maintain his discipline and not get dragged out of position.  I think we may see better where we are tomorrow and be better placed for the rest of the season says he optimistically but more than likely knowing my predictions a hammering could be on the cards if we concede our usual soft goals.

Don’t think you can say Edinburgh didn’t deserve that over the 90 minutes but no doubt what the critical moment was. Munro’s header off the face of the crossbar, and before you know it the ball is up the other end and it’s 1-1.

Some more encouragement this afternoon, but if we keep conceding two goals every week then we are going to be in real danger. Interesting to see what the defence looks like next week with Munro suspended.

15 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

Don’t think you can say Edinburgh didn’t deserve that over the 90 minutes but no doubt what the critical moment was. Munro’s header off the face of the crossbar, and before you know it the ball is up the other end and it’s 1-1.

Some more encouragement this afternoon, but if we keep conceding two goals every week then we are going to be in real danger. Interesting to see what the defence looks like next week with Munro suspended.

That indeed was the critical point of the game. After that it went to rat shit. Munro sent off for being an idiot.  Irons unable to control his mouth. Defence all at sea again, we must play the new signing at left back from now on and put McLaughglin into the midfield in place of Blair to give us a bit of bite with McBrearty.  The decison to take McBrearty off and leave a midfileld with no bite did not make sense either.

Next week will be interesting with Wilson and Armstrong in the centre of the defence or will he put McBrearty in there?

The sad thing is we actually looked a lot better today in the first half before our suicidal tendencies took over

Edinburgh were simply the better team over the duration. They play football we can only dream of in the final third but that said I was proud of our efforts for the most part.

The main negative I take away is Marsh is Maldini compared to the alternatives at the back. It could genuinely cost us our league position.

Irons needs to calm down, his behaviour is embarrassing at times. There is being passionate and there is acting like  a bairn.

Edited by Neilly