Motherwell v Hibs - 25th January 2020

For a 0-0, it wasn’t the worst match.

Thought we completely controlled the first half, but unsure how much that was down to Hibs offering very little. Thought the second was fairly even, but it would have been robbery if Hibs had sneaked the win with the chance that hit the post.

We were always going to struggle in the final third with the line up, but thought they are all done well enough. Gallagher is outstanding at the back and been one of the best signing we have made from another Scottish club in the last 20+ years.

Find the comment from a Hibs fan that we are hammer throwers quite amusing. Very much role reversal going on yesterday’s match, with a number of Hibs players picking up bookings (or lucky not to pick up bookings!) due to throwing elbows about!

Happy enough with the point and hope St Mirren do us as a favour today.

Omeonga picked up a booking for a number of fouls and then fouled Donnelly in the air for a ball he had no chance of getting. Dangerous challenge and I've seen cards for similar before although a red would have been harsh overall. It did seem to quieten him done though and I doubt if he committed more than two fouls in the rest of the game.

3 hours ago, Mitch said:

For a 0-0, it wasn’t the worst match.

It really was.

3 hours ago, Mitch said:

Find the comment from a Hibs fan that we are hammer throwers quite amusing. Very much role reversal going on yesterday’s match, with a number of Hibs players picking up bookings (or lucky not to pick up bookings!) due to throwing elbows about!

He was absolutely shocking and was in the pocket of the home crowd all afternoon. If he'd been at Easter Road I'm sure it would've been a reversal of that, but he's new to the top flight and strikes me as a referee that can be easily intimidated.

The linesman down the east stand side was as bad, numerous weird decisions, a hibs corner that was clearly a goal kick and us being blatantly offside at least once and then him putting the flag up after a hibs player played it back only to realise this half way through and bring it down.

An odd performance.