St Mirren v Aberdeen 26/01/20 1230ko

50 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Still a great Boo from the St Mirren fans when they get a great point.

Not sure if serious. 

It was Aberdeen fans who puntucated a minority (but noticieable) chant of 'Derek, Derek get to f**k' with a hearty big 'boo' at the end. 

3 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

He’s pretty much having to rebuild year after year as his best players are picked off.

Motherwell are having a brilliant season yet your only 4 points behind them.

As I say Aberdeen fans should be careful what they wish for only takes 1 terrible management appointment to end up like hearts.

Who was picked off? Shinnie? A big loss yes but we gave Bryson a good wage to come here and it hasn't worked out? Shinnie would not make a difference to how we play and the chronic lack of creativity.

11 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

😂

Maybe a centre-mid would've been a good idea? Everyone knew Bryson would be a perma-crock. His recruitment over the last two years has been poor to say the least. 

As much as I’m frustrated by it, I don’t think think this is quite fair. Bryson has missed as many games injured for us as he did in 5 years at Derby and was last out injured (before his ankle injury) in 2015. I think we’ve been quite unlucky with him and have probably tried to rush him back too quickly unfit which hasn’t helped. This is his first major spell of injuries throughout his entire career and he was playing fairly regularly in the Championship last season.

Whether we should be in the position where we are looking to rely quite so much on a 33 year old who recently ruptured his ankle ligaments is a different question admittedly.

14 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Who was picked off? Shinnie? A big loss yes but we gave Bryson a good wage to come here and it hasn't worked out? Shinnie would not make a difference to how we play and the chronic lack of creativity.

Apart from anything we had the same problems in terms of creativity and eye-bleeding football when Shinnie was here. He was just a good enough player he could paper over the cracks at times.

How long do we give him? Have you seen anything over the past year to suggest he can turn it around? 

He will be given until the summer anyway, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

And Yes actually, the January window so far shows he knows where we’re lacking, unfortunately it’s not coming through in our tactical set up.

This team is essentially in its first season together, he hasn’t worked out his best XI or formation and that’s poor, but it’s being worked on.

Having flaws isn’t a sackable offence.

18 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

As much as I’m frustrated by it, I don’t think think this is quite fair. Bryson has missed as many games injured for us as he did in 5 years at Derby and was last out injured (before his ankle injury) in 2015. I think we’ve been quite unlucky with him and have probably tried to rush him back too quickly unfit which hasn’t helped. This is his first major spell of injuries throughout his entire career and he was playing fairly regularly in the Championship last season.

Whether we should be in the position where we are looking to rely quite so much on a 33 year old who recently ruptured his ankle ligaments is a different question admittedly.

Agreed with this.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He will be given until the summer anyway, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

And Yes actually, the January window so far shows he knows where we’re lacking, unfortunately it’s not coming through in our tactical set up.

This team is essentially in its first season together, he hasn’t worked out his best XI or formation and that’s poor, but it’s being worked on.

We're saying this every winter window.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Seven of the team today have been here for at least three seasons, Ferguson for two. If he's working on it, he's taking his fucking time. He has been given money for both fees (regardless of size, it's more than the other teams are spending) and wages yet has spent it on shite. 

He can take the scouts with him when he fucks off. 

Seven of the team today have been here for at least three seasons, Ferguson for two. If he's working on it, he's taking his fucking time. He has been given money for both fees (regardless of size, it's more than the other teams are spending) and wages yet has spent it on shite. 
He can take the scouts with him when he fucks off. 

Yes, these things take time.

I get it, you want him sacked. Rage on.

Dek quote try win Scottish cup in it to win it or some sound bite like that.I'd settle for us playing more attractive exciting football .Think we will get neither unless something i cannot foresee happens.1.New Manager or 2. Dek grows a set.

33 minutes ago, elvis said:
1 hour ago, AngusTheBull said:
You’re correct elvis. Your thoughtful and eloquent analysis has convinced me a foul in the box is not a penalty.

It would be if it was inside the box but fortunately for us it was outside.

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf

Slide 15.

Holding an Opponent

- If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area but continues holding inside the penalty area, the referee shall award a penalty kick.

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf

Slide 15.

Holding an Opponent

- If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area but continues holding inside the penalty area, the referee shall award a penalty kick.

We've been on the shitty end of two ridiculously bad decisions in Paisley this season. 

That's not to excuse our lack of creativity but it can't be denied that these decisions were turning points in both games. 

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Interview bingo:

A lot to like about what we did.

Someone other than Cosgrove has to step up.

Should have had a pen.

Players have to take the onus.

'There's a goal at the end of the pitch for a reason' - McInnes

FT: St Mirren 0-0 Aberdeen

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes says he shares the frustration of the fans, after his side were held to a goalless draw by St Mirren.

He told BBC Scotland: "We came here and did a lot right. But getting a point is frustrating because I thought we had enough possession to get more from the game.

"A point on the road in the Premiership isn't the worst result but we came here hoping to get the three points and close the gap on Motherwell. I think the fans share the same frustration as we all do.

SNSCopyright: SNS

"They see the team working extremely hard and controlling the game but we still need to try to get something more out of that, try and be a bit more potent in the final third because it's all well keeping the ball, but there's a goal at the end of the pitch for a reason and we've got to threaten the goal a bit more.

"There was a lot right about the team, the same as the other night [1-0 defeat by Motherwell], but the job is to score goals and we've failed to do that."

McInnes, who also believes his side were denied a "stonewall" penalty when Sam Cosgrove was brought down by Conor McCarthy in the first half, said there may be more players arriving before Aberdeen travel to Ibrox to face Rangers next weekend.

"We'll keep asking the question, try and get one or two in if we can, maybe shift things about a little bit. But hopefully we can try and bring something more to the table that can help us in the second part of the campaign."

Hmm, 2 out of 4. Almost as predictable as the tactics.

5 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

We've been on the shitty end of two ridiculously bad decisions in Paisley this season. 

That's not to excuse our lack of creativity but it can't be denied that these decisions were turning points in both games. 

Wasn't long ago the SFA awarded 4 (FOUR) penalties against us at SEVCO.  3 of which were not correct.  I'll look forward to us getting the benefit of the doubt against you next time we meet and there's a stone waller.  Because 'these things even themselvesout over the seasons...'.