Also thought we maybe should have had a penalty in the second half when Power went through the back of Holt. It was maybe just outside the box, but to not even get a foul was ridiculous. Then again Muir got literally nothing that mattered correct today.

10 minutes ago, Widge said:

Also thought we maybe should have had a penalty in the second half when Power went through the back of Holt. It was maybe just outside the box, but to not even get a foul was ridiculous. Then again Muir got literally nothing that mattered correct today.

Na, not for me. Holt goes down too easy, suppose It did work for killie. Killie look f**k all like the team they were last season. 

I thought we played really well today and were never under any pressure apart for a few minutes after they scored that extremely dubious penalty.Lots of positives for me  I thought May and Spooney were outstanding and McCann is now not just a promising young player but our most dominant midfielder.And as for Killie,oh dear they are a shadow of the team they were last year.

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

Well I got that wrong, john sludden wasnt playing

This thread has been excellent reading, well done to all involved

Farmers 0 - killie 4
Kabamba
Findlay
Burke
John Sludden

With the goals

Delighted to get a deserved win and plenty of good stuff to take from the formation: the centre backs stepping out, the partnership between Booth and Tanser, Wotherspoon slotting in more centrally and having two strikers but not losing out in the midfield. The first point there about the centre backs is crucial as it helps the wing backs get the ball in better areas.

As decent a performance as it was, I'd still like to see a bit more from us going forward, guys take the easy pass too often, the strikers turn back too often and as a team, they are guilty of over-passing in the final third and not getting a shot or cross in. A settled team and shape would maybe help on that front. 

Despite that, we did enough to today to deserve the win and it should be enjoyed as we badly needed it. 

9 minutes ago, ayrshire_nomad said:

Well I got that wrong, john sludden wasnt playing

We'd be better off with him than some of the sh1te currently playing for us. 

Edited by paul wright scores

Did Drey Wright go off injured at half time? Just when thought found a way to get shot of Ralston.......

6 minutes ago, Radford said:

Delighted to get a deserved win and plenty of good stuff to take from the formation: the centre backs stepping out, the partnership between Booth and Tanser, Wotherspoon slotting in more centrally and having two strikers but not losing out in the midfield. The first point there about the centre backs is crucial as it helps the wing backs get the ball in better areas.

As decent a performance as it was, I'd still like to see a bit more from us going forward, guys take the easy pass too often, the strikers turn back too often and as a team, they are guilty of over-passing in the final third and not getting a shot or cross in. A settled team and shape would maybe help on that front. 

Despite that, we did enough to today to deserve the win and it should be enjoyed as we badly needed it. 

So as someone who isn't keen on a back 5, does that formation seems to suit our personnel on the park as it seems to on paper?

12 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Did Drey Wright go off injured at half time? Just when thought found a way to get shot of Ralston.......

Tommy said after the match the change was due to an injury to Drey.

Our best result in well over a year.
Thoroughly deserved victory, we were the better team throughout.
Ali McCann was majestic today. The number of times you think he’s closed down and he finds the pass is incredible. 
Two games running our midfield has outplayed one of the best midfields in the country outwith the OF.
Absolute credit to Tommy Wright, tactically got it bang on today. And the players as well, great determination and desire the whole match.
Brilliant.

Thought we were terrific for most of the match. Most enjoyable match for a long time.

46 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Is it time to panic yet?

Yes, although I started after losing to St Mirren - look at our upcoming fixtures and I don't see us getting many points soon

Yes, although I started after losing to St Mirren - look at our upcoming fixtures and I don't see us getting many points soon

The juggernaut’s run out of fuel. Seems that SSC was a blip. Back to normal for the Killie bottom feeders hopefully, right beside us. Makes it more interesting.

That was a MASSIVE 3 points. Loved Tommy's reaction at the end - a man under pressure and to his credit that was a bold change of shape today.

I thought Ali McCann put in his best performance for Saints. Absolutely dominated one of the best central pairings in the country and never missed a pass all day. Outstanding.

The defence was excellent throughout and the wingback position suits Tanser. Two lovely crosses for the goals.

Kane put a shift in but he's incredibly limited and is a major part of the issue with our lack of creativity. He doesn't turn defences, it's all physical with back to goal. When Hendry came on he showed how a Striker can win headers, take a good first touch, link with the midfield and bring others into play and cause absolute havoc. No coincidence the Killie defence started picking up bookings when he came on - they were rattled. 

Well done to the players, most I've enjoyed a game for a while.

Our defence and midfield looked good today. We still aren't great inthe final third with passes going astray and a lack of creativity at times, but I think that's too be expected where we're at.

As well as McCann standing out, thought Holt was very good.  Spoony also put a shift in and was regularly involved.

For all the stick our signing policy gets, I think Booth has been a tremendous find for us.

6 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

For all the stick our signing policy gets, I think Booth has been a tremendous find for us.

Plays with his head up. Good first touch. Very neat and tidy. Rarely let's people in behind. I like him.

Looked a penalty to me. He let the guy goal side then dived in?
We’re going about this the right way and bar a silly mistake giving away the penalty we’ve been pretty comfortable IMO. I’d still much rather have Hendry where Kane is though....
Debatable whether it was a foul but regardless it was 100% outside the box.

34 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Having seen it back, it’s definitely outside the box!

The fall from Burke 😂