St. Johnstone v Killie

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Having a go at me in this window for a lack of patience?

1785158322_giphy(37).gif.18116e5eecb2d356b2da6c3e76926f57.gif

Not just this window,every window! And lack of tolerance with young players,learning their trade,you should get another hobby,your understanding of football is sadly lacking,as is your nail brushing 🤑

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Mate, up until this week you could have played the game without ANY goalkeepers and still got at least a 0-0 draw

It's been quite a busy week for both teams though ..

I can't make the game now. I've never in my life been so thankful for clients being arseholes. 

1 minute ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Not just this window,every window! And lack of tolerance with young players,learning their trade,you should get another hobby,your understanding of football is sadly lacking,as is your nail brushing 🤑

I take it I've criticised your son or something once and this is where that's coming from, as I've no idea what young player I've slated recently.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I take it I've criticised your son or something once and this is where that's coming from, as I've no idea what young player I've slated recently.

You slate EVERY young guy that comes in,Fisher,Comrie,Ralston,Duffy,off the top of my head,Thomson too, you do realise Lennon played Ralston in Champions league games,yet he’s not good enough for us ?Hes young and still learning,as they all were,did you pick up your trade immediately? 

2 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Fisher excepted, that’s giving RG plenty credibility in fairness. 

Do you expect everyone to be perfect in their informative years? Were  you? Do you grasp the level of player we’re capable of signing,they’re at us,cause they’ve got things to learn,and faults

Do you think Ralston is a good player? @glenrothes 1884 saint

I would like to see Duffy cut more slack as he is our player and came into the club having never played a senior game but Ralston offers no long-term benefit to this club. With respect, I think there is an irony in picking at someone's knowledge of the game then defending our right back. 

He is positionally (very) poor, is too easily beaten in one-on-one situations and his decision making and use of the ball going forward is substandard. He's a pretty dreadful player truth be told and it speaks volumes for the other three guys in defence that we've conceded so few goals in recent weeks.

11 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Fisher excepted, that’s giving RG plenty credibility in fairness. 

I'm sure someone can supply a 'run for cover' type gif, but I honestly don't think Ralston is anywhere near as bad as some folk make out. 

Despite the insanely thin squad our problems seem to be off the pitch now. Quite clearly Wright and Brown cannot work together in a productive way and there's only one winner in that fight. The wrong one in my opinion but it can only go one way and what we're seeing in the press is not a club that has the right behaviours for a relegation battle. f**k knows what the dressing room must be like.

edit / just read @Radford's demolition job on Ralston. I don't think he's a world-beater by any standard and in a 'normal' Saints team he'd be a back-up RB. You can add to the charge sheet that he's very very rash. But he's absolutely not Duffy bad, for all his faults. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I'm sure someone can supply a 'run for cover' type gif, but I honestly don't think Ralston is anywhere near as bad as some folk make out. 

Despite the insanely thin squad our problems seem to be off the pitch now. Quite clearly Wright and Brown cannot work together in a productive way and there's only one winner in that fight. The wrong one in my opinion but it can only go one way and what we're seeing in the press is not a club that has the right behaviours for a relegation battle. f**k knows what the dressing room must be like.

Steve Brown stepped back at the end of the Summer window didnt he?

This new wifey Robertson, criticised by Kilmarnock fans for thinking shes an expert at everything and over ruling long term members of staff in every department she tried to control, is the one running the show in this window...

8 minutes ago, Radford said:

Do you think Ralston is a good player? @glenrothes 1884 saint

I would like to see Duffy cut more slack as he is our player and came into the club having never played a senior game but Ralston offers no long-term benefit to this club. With respect, I think there is an irony in picking at someone's knowledge of the game then defending our right back. 

He is positionally (very) poor, is too easily beaten in one-on-one situations and his decision making and use of the ball going forward is substandard. He's a pretty dreadful player truth be told and it speaks volumes for the other three guys in defence that we've conceded so few goals in recent weeks.

Not saying he’s good,he’s young and still learning,and I think he’s got potential to be a mid table player,having him on loan is not his fault,he’s also played very few games in real terms,and I don’t like knee jerk reactions to any player,Macca was murder when he first arrived,same with Midge and Hartley,and obvious Ando was always murder for a cb ,but he’s a prime example of improving with game time,albeit slightly 

Edited by glenrothes 1884 saint

Guest Moomintroll
Michael O'Halloran an injury doubt for tomorrow.
If he misses out we'll only have 16 senior outfield players.
To fill the bench we'll have to include two goalkeepers on it.
Ideal chance to give a promising young player a confidence boost by including him in the squad then.

Ralston is so far below the standard required its unreal. Especially compared with the last two incumbents of that position. Foster was a roaster but he was a good player. Mackay is a club legend for a reason.

For me, today:

Clark

Ralston (needs must...) Kerr Gordon Booth

Wright Holt McCann Wotherspoon

May Hendry

5 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Ideal chance to give a promising young player a confidence boost by including him in the squad then.

We've loaned them all out.

Also, it's pure rumour and conjecture, but if Kirsten Robertson has just sold Kennedy against the managers wishes, while also refusing to allow him to add to an 18 man squad before selling anyone, is that the type of thing that Kilmarnock fans were all warning us about when she was hired?

Guest Moomintroll
Also, it's pure rumour and conjecture, but if Kirsten Robertson has just sold Kennedy against the managers wishes, while also refusing to allow him to add to an 18 man squad before selling anyone, is that the type of thing that Kilmarnock fans were all warning us about when she was hired?
Pretty much, remember our Club thread back in August while we waited in vain for some signings?

5 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Pretty much, remember our Club thread back in August while we waited in vain for some signings?

Found all this, not long before she got heaved out and then signings started coming in...

On 23/07/2019 at 20:23, Moomintroll said:

Have we just gave up?

On 24/07/2019 at 05:18, Fide said:

It has to be said, aside from a short, vague paragraph from Cathy Jamieson, the output from the club over the close season has been dreadful.  The new season is so close and our squad is severely lacking in depth, no friendlies have been organised and the social media output has been reduced to a meaningless trickle.

As a priority, the club needs players in pronto.  I agree with those who say we shouldn't be panic buying, but Alessio's been in for over a month now - if Brophy goes to Cardiff, our strikeforce will consist of Innes Cameron.

Get your fucking finger out, Kilmarnock.

On 25/07/2019 at 15:19, Moomintroll said:

source.gif

On 25/07/2019 at 16:37, Fide said:

This is getting silly now.

Mon tae f**k Killie.

And that was just a quick squint.

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

For me, today:

Clark

Ralston Kerr Gordon Booth

Wright Holt McCann Wotherspoon

May Hendry

Agree with this.

The midfield getting overrun is an issue but we literally have no option. Starting Craig is fine away from home but we wont have enough going forward with him sitting in midfield.

Hendry gives you a goal threat, May our most intelligent striker so should link up with him.

NAP Kane is on his own up front with Craig sitting camped in front of the defence.

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Agree with this.

The midfield getting overrun is an issue but we literally have no option. Starting Craig is fine away from home but we wont have enough going forward with him sitting in midfield.

Hendry gives you a goal threat, May our most intelligent striker so should link up with him.

NAP Kane is on his own up front with Craig sitting camped in front of the defence.

Yes, agree with the team. 

Here's hoping we TW can get the players motivated, turn the anger at the club into something useful. If he's out the door, which looks a certainty, the last thing he'll want is to ruin his legacy with relegation.

BTW @RandomGuy where are you getting the MOH is a doubt info from? Everyone except Murray is fit according to the pre-match interview which would have been late yesterday, and I've not seen any mention of it elsewhere. 

COYS