St. Johnstone v Killie

After the first post-break round of midweek madness comes the fixture formerly known as the meh derby on Saturday. After last night I'm seeing encouraging signs that Killie's form might just be improving after the Italian experiment was cut short mid-December. In any case I think this game has to be better than the fairly recent 0-0 draw in terms of entertainment. Since the Saintees seem to have improved slightly too I think this could be a bit of fun. 

Must win match.

Not in terms of we're relegated if we lose, but a case of "if we cant beat the worst team in the league (by 6 game form) in the league at home then where are we going to get wins?" type thinking.

Yes I think this is a hugely important game as well, for both sides. We need to get a win under our belts to get confidence and to get points in the bag with a few tough fixtures coming up. As RG says, if. It at home to a struggling team, then where do the wins come from?

For killie, a loss would see them right in the mix for the play off dogfight and all the pressure associated with that. Trying to drag another team down into it should be everyone's aim that's currently involved!

Losing Davidson, if it's true, will be a big loss.  

Clark

Ralston Gordon Kerr Booth

Wright McCann Holt OHalloran

Kennedy

May

Possibly get dominated in midfield with that. If the manager decides to stick with the 4-5-1 then bring in Craig, with Kennedy wide for Wright, and Kane as loan striker.

Clark

Ralston  Kerr   Gordon  Booth

Wright  McCann Holt  MOH

Hendry  May

Bit  more attacking than played out the 0-0 at the theatre of (in truth very average) pies, keeping the back 4 that's been fairly effective recently. Working assumption is that Matty won't play, who knows what's going on there. If he does play Kennedy on the left and MOH in behind May. Whatever, Michael needs to be on drills all week. 

If the feeling is that Power and Dicker would be a bit too much, Hendry on the bench and stick Craig in. I think we'll be OK though. 

Muzz is a miss but it really wasn't a terrible performance last night, team had good chances and a draw would have been fair. 

Would not be surprised to see Tommy start with a back 3 this time, seems like he's been working up to it. 

1-0 Saints (Kennedy)

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Would not be surprised to see Tommy start with a back 3 this time, seems like he's been working up to it. 

Sounds about right.

2-0 down after 20 minutes before he changes it. Game ends 2-1, we all wonder why he bothered.

9 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I hope he does..... Kabamba's pace should cause you all sorts of problems.

Edited by C4mmy31

3 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

I hope he does..... Kabamba's pace should cause you all sorts of problems.

To be fair from the highlights I've seen the boy looks a handful, but our FB's (particularly Gordon) have been pretty solid since the end of November. Not having Davidson in the middle to help with breaking up play and winning balls in the air puts more pressure on Ali McCann's young shoulders. Holt can niggle with the best of them and has drive but he's no Muzz and at least half a foot shorter,  and Craig reads the game well will but is slow, and his balls wide on Wednesday were awful. 

I'm not taking any comfort from the form stats which have Killie as the worst away team in the league (1 point from 6 games) and us 6th at home (9 from 6), this will be a tough game. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese
Just checked Google and if you believe that Holt is indeed 6 inches shorter, but apprently almost a stone heavier, so not sure how reliable that is.

Michael O'Halloran an injury doubt for tomorrow.

If he misses out we'll only have 16 senior outfield players.

To fill the bench we'll have to include two goalkeepers on it.

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dear god just stop

He can’t,same every window,no tolerance or patience, 🙄

1 minute ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

He can’t,same every window,no tolerance or patience, 🙄

Having a go at me in this window for a lack of patience?

1785158322_giphy(37).gif.18116e5eecb2d356b2da6c3e76926f57.gif

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mate, up until this week you could have played the game without ANY goalkeepers and still got at least a 0-0 draw