Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If we employ a similar approach here then at least St Johnstone will be able to continue playing their home games.

I made a similar wisecrack elsewhere about Grasshoppers home games. I will no doubt be on the receiving end of a kicking off their ultras the next time I head to Letzigrund. Which should have been this weekend but now isn't because the game has been cancelled.

On 27/02/2020 at 10:50, The Moonster said:

Our work are dealing with it in shambolic fashion.  We sent an engineer to work in Italy last week, basically right on the border with Slovenia so it's not an "infected area", nor has he transited through any infected area. He came into the office and said he felt like he had a cold, so phoned his doctor who told him to go home and stay there for 2 weeks. 

Another guy was on holiday with his wife in Venice last week, one of the worst infected areas in Italy. He came into the office and told us that his wife was showing symptoms and she'd been told to stay home for 14 days. When it was pointed out to him that if she is infected then it's almost certain that he is, he just shrugged his shoulders. He was sent home by the H&S guy, only to return the next day with a note from his doctor saying he was clear to work. I'm certain he's told a lie to his doctor so that he doesn't miss any overtime, and I will burn him alive if it turns out he is actually infected. 

I get that the work don't want to lose money or shut down, but I feel they've kind of left this up to the employee to decide whether they're fit to work or not, in instances like these they should be taking the decision for everyones interest.

Given what you have just told us I take it you won't be attending the Dumbarton match this weekend

5 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Wales has its first case. Congratulations x

@Moomintroll Do you not live in Wales? Also in lock down with the wife? 

PS If this is you!!!! Why not declare for Scotland you Tory c**t......

Can I get my fiver. If you survive you really should stop smoking....

Edited by SlipperyP

1 hour ago, nsr said:

Is it still just old people being killed by this thing? Is it the Chinese government's underhanded attempt to cull the elderly population that's somehow escaped containment?

The doctor who was the original whistleblower of the virus died from it at the grand old age of 34. 

A guy in my work was off last week with flu symptoms including searing pain behind his eyes and "pressure on his brain" and got kept in overnight in isolation "under a big plastic sheet". Ran blood tests on him and let him out the next day.