Coronavirus (COVID-19)

35 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

A slow day for China, with experts claiming their are finally running out of momentum, but the 50k total still seems in sight.

They've excelled themselves in injury time, now up to nearly 60k and another 245 deaths taking the total to over 1300.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/feb/13/coronavirus-latest-updates-deaths-in-china-pass-1300-with-jump-in-cases-live-news

They've excelled themselves in injury time, now up to nearly 60k and another 245 deaths taking the total to over 1300. https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/feb/13/coronavirus-latest-updates-deaths-in-china-pass-1300-with-jump-in-cases-live-news

Just seeing that. What a goal flurry!!! Could be China ’balancing the books here’.

Unqualified reports of a death in Iran in the amateur event as well.

Reviswd top of the table below for prosperity. Could China shoot for 100k?

Just back from Vietnam last night. They seemed pretty well organised although a little blase about things.

18 hours ago, Worktheshaft said:
On 12/02/2020 at 08:05, eez-eh said:
That is absolutely fucking rank.

It's just chicken of the cave. Settle.

Those look like fruit bat's which live in trees. They're a bit more porky and gamey, like wild boar. 

Edited by coprolite
I already changed bat's back to bats but seemingly autocunt knows better

On 12/02/2020 at 02:12, Arabdownunder said:

Is it cruel to laugh at parents in Canberra sending their kid to live with their grandparents in Hubei to escape the bushfire smoke?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/12/coronavirus-parents-of-australian-toddler-stranded-in-hubei-province-plead-for-her-evacuation

Considering that Australia was the only continent to successfully say f*** off to the killer Spanish Flu, I'll consider their models.

Evidently didn't have enough points for a visa seeing as Spain's outside the Commonwealth.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

I've not clicked the video above, and I'm not going to, but how fucking big are the bats in Indonesia?! Are they those flying fox bats in that thumbnail?

Nothing to do with the virus, but FWIW I was down a 'new' cave in Somerset a couple of years ago that had a limit on people because of the hibernating bats in there.  The group leader was being very serious about not disturbing them and I eventually got to a flat-out tight bit and found a sleeping bat hanging from a bit of rope a rulers length from my face.

The leader then proceeded to grab onto this rope (under tension) further along and this bat right in front of me went PING! and smashed off the roof at great force.   No sooner had this happened he then sent a message back saying, "there are a few bats along here, don't f***ing knock any of 'em". 

Edited by Hedgecutter

7 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/13/london-coronavirus-patient-turned-up-hospital-uber-taxi

Woman with coronavirus takes an Uber to hospital. Time to put London on lockdown.

I would honestly just shoot folk like her as they presented themselves at hospital. Not because she could infect other people, but because she might reproduce and bring another generation of fucking idiots into the world.

16 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/13/london-coronavirus-patient-turned-up-hospital-uber-taxi

Woman with coronavirus takes an Uber to hospital. Time to put London on lockdown.

She should be made to deal with the virus herself in quarantine with no medication, save the meds for people with at least half a brain

Very dumb if true, but my a friend of mine came back from China  early Feb and no questions were asked and no information was handed out. Would it really be hard to give everyone a leaflet telling them what to do if they have symptoms?

Very dumb if true, but my a friend of mine came back from China  early Feb and no questions were asked and no information was handed out. Would it really be hard to give everyone a leaflet telling them what to do if they have symptoms?
Obviously that would be the sensible thing to do. If the government and health authority can't get the basics right you have to wonder just how "prepared" they are.

2 hours ago, bendan said:

I don't understand how anyone can't be aware of this by the start of February.

49 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't understand how anyone can't be aware of this by the start of February.

Not sure I understand your point. My friend was very well aware of the issue, and was extremely surprised not to be asked any questions about where they had been in China, nor given any info on what they should do if they felt ill. They have just stayed at home since they got back and will do so until 14 days have passed.

I'm not sure it's realistic to think all foreigners will know what to do in the UK in the event of a problem. That doesn't excuse dumb decisions, but I can't see the harm in handing out a leaflet in English and Chinese.

Edited by bendan

1 hour ago, bendan said:

Not sure I understand your point. My friend was very well aware of the issue, and was extremely surprised not to be asked any questions about where they had been in China, nor given any info on what they should do if they felt ill. They have just stayed at home since they got back and will do so until 14 days have passed.

I'm not sure it's realistic to think all foreigners will know what to do in the UK in the event of a problem. That doesn't excuse dumb decisions, but I can't see the harm in handing out a leaflet in English and Chinese.

Apologies, misread your post, long day.

China march on with dominance, homing in on 60k. Can they make 100k is anyone's guess, but if anyone can, they certainly can.

The independents on the Sneezing princess continue to pull together and sneeze and cough their way to second. Their perservernce is lamentable as they see another cruise ship finally dock in Cambodia while they soldier on aboard.

Singapore add another 8 points, with the little nation now cemeting third place as there own.

As things look like the start of the end, the wording from both China and the WHO ring of mianzi for China as they readdress the original cock up and probably falsifying of figures at the outset.

IMG_2151.jpg
IMG_2152.jpg

Hubei Province doing absolutely nothing to dispel the notion that their figures have been bollocks from the start. So far it's only really Wuhan that is revising its figures upwards, but I doubt the figures for Hubei outside Wuhan have been anywhere near accurate.

In China outside of Hubei province the number of reported new cases continues to fall - less than 300 yesterday. The number of deaths outside of Hubei is only about 60 out of 12,000 odd cases (0.5%) and it's notable that in the more developed provinces the rate is much lower than in the more backward ones (i.e. 0 deaths in Zhejiang out of 1155 cases, 2 deaths out of 1261 in Guangdong, but 11 out of 1184 in Henan and 11 out of 418 in Heilongjiang).

Based on figures from https://news.qq.com/zt2020/page/feiyan.htm

Edited by bendan