Coronavirus (COVID-19)

43 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Is there any harm in someone taking a round of golf as their "daily exercise"? As long as they're on their todd

40 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

The government advice is outside exercise for up to an hour so they'd need to be quick...

Or only play 6 holes

Every single soundbite I have heard from any UK govt source has suggested the measures will continue, absolutely no talk of "exit strategy" other than in the media and from the public. June for this version of lockdown sounds about right but until we get there we will continue to be spoon fed it it 2-3 week portions. They can't be seen to be giving dates as that would just encourage the millions of roasters in this country to chuck it earlier.

They most definitely ARE changing the narrative.
I follow lots of foreign news channels and it seems a coordinated effort within the EU countries (including ourselves) that they're looking to start easing restrictions and gradually return to a semblance of normality.
Obviously economic pressure is the main driver and they will also need to take a "suck it and see" approach regarding the virus spread, but I stick by my previous post on the subject with June being a potential date for "reopening" as it were.

Surely if classified as non essential they will simply be ordered to close again. In South Ayrshire trading standards officers are monitoring this very thing ensuring non essential business remains closed.

My work have just informed me we're reopening on Tuesday but office staff will be put on a rota for working at the office so there aren't too many people around. Smack bang in the middle of the peak of infection. Tremendous idea.

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Why do you go on them then?

Predominately to check my shares but I also enjoy throwing a few hand grenades in to the "Little Englander" set.

16 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I go on a lot of share dealing and financial forums and I can tell you that the level of awareness and intellect on P&B is MILES ahead of much of the stuff posted on those sites.

We don't always agree with each other but there are lots of very good and well researched posters on here, that's for sure.

Michael Douglas as Gordon Gekko | Best dressed man, Mens street ...

44 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Is there any harm in someone taking a round of golf as their "daily exercise"? As long as they're on their todd

My dad was hospitalised for a couple of days after someone's drive landed on his head. So, yes, think of the NHS. 

Oh and golf was invented by satan to embody everything that's wrong with the world and making golfers miserable is one silver lining of this whole thing. 

Who's going to insure you without a vaccine or certified testing program ? It will be essential travel only until these happen which will mean no holidays abroad for a considerable time.

Why if we are back to normal by August will there be no holidays abroad later in the year, I'm already booked for a holiday in late November and by f**k will I need it.

I’m hearing lockdown will be relaxed in 2 weeks.

Also that we should be back to normal by August.

Also that there will be no holidays abroad until well into next year.

Also that Scotland will be ahead of rUK in lifting restrictions.

Also that the UK will be uniform in actions concerning lockdown lifting.
Played.

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

My dad was hospitalised for a couple of days after someone's drive landed on his head. So, yes, think of the NHS. 

Oh and golf was invented by satan to embody everything that's wrong with the world and making golfers miserable is one silver lining of this whole thing. 

Marshalls? 

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Who's going to insure you without a vaccine or certified testing program ? It will be essential travel only until these happen which will mean no holidays abroad for a considerable time.

Insurance is for wimps. Or insurance with no liability for Covid19 related claims.

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

My annual travel insurance with AMEX just auto renewed last week.

16 minutes ago, greendot said:

That's surely going to count as a gathering which is frowned upon?  Oh wait you weren't talking about the nurses! :P

Not necessarily...

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

It's 8 months away, Wuhan the epicentre are out of lockdown after 3 months. I think there will be a antibody test by then, if you have had it you will be clear to travel. Thailand had already introduced a show proof that you don't have it(doctors certificte) and get insurance to cover you if you get it measures before they ended up  banning all international  flights.

24 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

“I’m hearing....” is guaranteed to be Facebook news

More than likely, but 'i was hearing' on the news that the current lockdown would be extended in the same way that Wales is going to extend it so that the UK is kept uniform (nurses again!) on how they're approaching things.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52215421

As Jason Leitch is saying we're not at the peak yet and when the peak does reach (estimated) next week it will last for a few days / week minimum so i can see the lockdown being extended until the end of April to make sure the numbers continue to reduce after the peak.  I suspect that if people aren't careful in how they go about their daily life there could be a second spike when people think they are out of the woods just because the numbers are reducing (my opinion).

Surely if classified as non essential they will simply be ordered to close again. In South Ayrshire trading standards officers are monitoring this very thing ensuring non essential business remains closed.
Do you mean businesses that have been specifically ordered to close by law - non-food shops, pubs, hotels, restaurants etc? Because as far as I know no law has been passed to say businesses not on this list have to close eg. factories, workshops etc.