Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 hours ago, Bohemian said:

Couple of people I know are convinced they had this end of December early January, my sister being one.  She was bed ridden for two weeks(no jokes please) exact same symptoms and definitely not the flu.. 

I had something very similar in late Dec, and then again early Feb. Tight chest, a struggle to breath, dry cough, sleeping about 12 hours a day and still being shattered. It was like nothing I’d ever experienced before 

4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, I remember you saying and again my condolences. My Dad was also in a crowded Crosshouse with pneumonia at the end of Feb for a week.

It just seems to me that some people (rather strangely) seem to believe that it only really kicked off when the lockdown began.

In reality we were all going about our business for weeks while this was already in the country, whether that be commuting on crowded Trains and Buses, jam packed  in offices, attending football matches, pop concerts, out clubbing and attending sports events such as Cheltenham.

Having said that, I'm sure we'll be ok as we were already adhering to the social distancing rules at Somerset (one of the advantages of only getting 1,600 or so home fans each week !!!).

Thank you. I definitely think it’s been going on longer than the lockdown talk started. When we went to see my Dad, my mum and I had to put masks, aprons and gloves on. A few days after he passed away I started to get the symptoms and was floored for a good 10 days. 

Definitely, they could reopen Somerset right now and we’d all be able to observe the 2metre rule. Just punt the main standers (me included) into the Railway end 

36 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Mrs B, admittedly via whatever shitty clickbait news sources is currently telling len that small business will be open by the end of April and pubs by the end of May.

Entering a dangerous time for the integrity of the lockdown as folks expectations start to change IMO.

I felt when I had kids out for a walk today there was a bit of a shift in activity levels. Say my first obvious group of folk not giving a f**k, lots more dog walkers etc. Could just be decent weather, but I think this might start to come apart at the seams soon.

Similar here yesterday with the sun being out, our minter chav neighbours were in and out all day in their cars.

These idiots are treating things like a holiday & with the weather to be fine well into next week it'll only get worse.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Day 3 of concerning symptoms for myself. High temperature, sore/foggy head, general fatigue, a weird and ominous sensation in the throat which suggests that a cough may be in the offing. This is not hay fever. Pray for me.

Gallons of water mate 👍
Been there and feel your pain,try stay calm as most likely it’ll pass in a few days.Best of luck.

Edited by woolf

Similar here yesterday with the sun being out, our minter chav neighbours were in and out all day in their cars.
These idiots are treating things like a holiday & with the weather to be fine well into next week it'll only get worse.
Neighbours across the road have been out in their car so much that every time I hear a car its them 9/10 times.

Would say average is 5 trips a day.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Neighbours across the road have been out in their car so much that every time I hear a car its them 9/10 times.

The clowns next to us were filling their cars with household junk. f**k knows where they were taking it, all the refuse/recycling depots are all closed here.

Minters

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

You need to report that on facebook that will show them

Guest Bob Mahelp
16 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I had something very similar in late Dec, and then again early Feb. Tight chest, a struggle to breath, dry cough, sleeping about 12 hours a day and still being shattered. It was like nothing I’d ever experienced before 

Thank you. I definitely think it’s been going on longer than the lockdown talk started. When we went to see my Dad, my mum and I had to put masks, aprons and gloves on. A few days after he passed away I started to get the symptoms and was floored for a good 10 days. 

The first case of this virus was reported in Wuhan on 1st January. 

There's no possibility that this existed in Scotland earlier than that, no matter how ill people were. 

So...
The arse that did more than anyone else to get us into this Covid-19 shitfest is now able to sit up in bed.
I just can't begin to describe how relieved I am at this exciting news.
If he can sit up in bed, WTF is he doing in an ICU?

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

If he can sit up in bed, WTF is he doing in an ICU?

It's Johnson, he's a fucking coward.

He'll be waiting for a month to pass so he can make a miraculous recovery and claim all the credit for opening shops and businesses again. 

Just now, Forest_Fifer said:
5 minutes ago, Silverton End said:
The clowns next to us were filling their cars with household junk. f**k knows where they were taking it, all the refuse/recycling depots are all closed here.
Minters

Fly tipping no doubt.

No sure they've even got the brains for that, probably giving it away to someone/family.

Minters

39 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

And the Government aren't going to say they fucked up badly when they're trying to convince people to trust their social isolation instructions. Plenty time for recriminations after.

It's not really recriminations, at least from my point of view.

It's about accepting responsibility, and refraining from turning medical and scientific people into tools to cover political arses. . 

Scientists here over the last while have not exactly covered themselves in glory on this.  It's the medical people all the way through

at the sharp end, nurses, doctors, paramedics who have been doing the dying as well as the general public.

So no, I won't shut up.

Channel Four news now having the conversation regarding relaxing restrictions for certain people, and the calculations that need to be done to relax measures and the certain deaths that follow.

Few folk including myself been asking about this for ages, glad to see it come into the mainstream now. It's something folk need to come to terms with.