Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

My Dad died in early Feb from symptoms that eerily mirror Covid. I truly believe this has been in the UK since Jan 

Couple of people I know are convinced they had this end of December early January, my sister being one.  She was bed ridden for two weeks(no jokes please) exact same symptoms and definitely not the flu.. 

5 minutes ago, The DA said:

Could you do that as a logarithmic graph, ap, so that we can check the scope of that curve?  I think it's leveling off.

The skills I'm picking up on lockdown are amazing me.

f**k knows what this means though:

20200408011330.jpg

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

My Dad died in early Feb from symptoms that eerily mirror Covid. I truly believe this has been in the UK since Jan 

Yes, I remember you saying and again my condolences. My Dad was also in a crowded Crosshouse with pneumonia at the end of Feb for a week.

It just seems to me that some people (rather strangely) seem to believe that it only really kicked off when the lockdown began.

In reality we were all going about our business for weeks while this was already in the country, whether that be commuting on crowded Trains and Buses, jam packed  in offices, attending football matches, pop concerts, out clubbing and attending sports events such as Cheltenham.

Having said that, I'm sure we'll be ok as we were already adhering to the social distancing rules at Somerset (one of the advantages of only getting 1,600 or so home fans each week !!!).

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Assume this article has been shared, run through of the response to the growing crisis from high level politicians and scientists.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN21P1VF?__twitter_impression=true

Criminal proceedings should absolutely be instigated with respect to this part.

C46D091D-4EF8-4D53-9173-A6742A2D7F49.png

1 hour ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

The past was alterable. The past never had been altered. VT was in favour of a Chinese-style lockdown. VT had always been in favour of a Chinese-style lockdown.

Oh dear. Had you tried reading for the sake of comprehension instead of just trying to secure a 'win' over a forum big hitter, you'd have noted that the second post was made on 23 March - well beyond the point that a truncheon to the face lockdown would have been effective. Indeed, the government's own advisory panel recommended a 13 week quarantine for vulnerable categories and the closure of public schools on February 26. To advocate a strict lockdown in the early stages of an outbreak and to oppose the useless measures that the UK government introduced long after it had already guaranteed widespread transmission is in fact an entirely sensible position.

Better luck next time.

4B61F62E-7626-4D2E-BE62-3A31CBEC845E.jpeg.fd790b659afe480e96a340c33160a944.jpeg

Edited by vikingTON

Anyone who believes the China death figures probably still believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny. As soon as this started over there they should have shut their borders and only allowed Chinese nationalists back in or foreign nationals out,providing they spent 2 weeks in isolation. The fact people were allowed to leave and spread this disease all over the world is negligence 

That’s really far too simplified. At the outset, China nor anyone else knew what they were dealing with. Even well after a month, no one knew the incubation periods, so impossible to suggest any type of quarantine by China.

The fact you mention that they could allow foreign nationals to leave but not Chinese would somehow stop the spread is hugely naive. I think there is enough evidence that this virus doesn’t discriminate against race and it is highly likely that some of the clusters in the west were brought out by westerners.

China, did lock down huge numbers in Wuhan and then throughout Hubei as it spread and with New Year on the horizon the risk of immediate spread would have been considered limited.

The blame can fall as much in that case to every other country for not acting when the information was published by WHO. The only country that took immediate action was Singapore who started screening the next day and were the second to ban entry from mainland China. Around that time many countries started to put in restrictions, but none European as I understand.

Asia in fairness has a little more experience, but the west have been hugely blasé about the whole thing.

As for falsifying figures, don’t think anyone would contest that, but doesn’t really mean so much on the whole scheme of things.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Aye, and we had a fùcking empire on the back of it. We gave it away too quick, we'd still be in charge and could've limited this plague to the coolies. What, what!

Careful.  Word police are watching.

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

Couple of people I know are convinced they had this end of December early January, my sister being one.  She was bed ridden for two weeks(no jokes please) exact same symptoms and definitely not the flu.. 

My 12 year old had an upper respiratory tract infection on christmas eve for a few days. Bad hoarse cough and a temp. Mrs b think’s it may have been this, but i am not 100% convinced. 

7 hours ago, The DA said:

UK daily deaths seem to be leveling off a bit.  Admittedly only over the last 4 or 5 days but, if we follow Italy's curve, this graph suggests it might not be as bad as some are making out.

Capture.PNG

At first glance I thought that was a chart of Scottish League positions over a couple of seasons with China being Falkirk FC.. :P

At first glance I thought that was a chart of Scottish League positions over a couple of seasons with China being Falkirk FC.. [emoji14]

Maybe Chinas rise from day 70 was start of the 2nd wave before the ruling party got the sweeping brushes out.

Just seen in our local support group about an interesting choice of excercise. So some numpty has driven in a VW Transporter to Tayport and proceeded to go out into the Tay estuary and engage in some Kite Surfing.  How fucking stupid on so many levels.  Driving unneccesarily to take part in a high risk sport.  I give up !!!

5 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Just seen in our local support group about an interesting choice of excercise. So some numpty has driven in a VW Transporter to Tayport and proceeded to go out into the Tay estuary and engage in some Kite Surfing.  How fucking stupid on so many levels.  Driving unneccesarily to take part in a high risk sport.  I give up !!!

There was a letter in the Metro yesterday from someone complaining they and their boyfriend couldn't go for a walk on the footpath next to the river they live nearby because there's too many people on it. They decided to go kayaking on the river, and when the police stopped them they complained that the guidelines weren't clear enough.