ICTChris

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Fucked if I'm going to let this coronavirus stop me from whining about shit. Man up people!

You could have a point about that, but it also runs to risk of reinforcing the vibe of unfairness and misery, and that runs the risk of justifying a dark cloud over everything.
It's more helpful to go a day at a time and think of something you can do to make your day better, and make your day something you did something with.
Kind of like focusing on a shite left-back's crossing ability instead of his shite defending. You'll get more out him that way.
As ever theres a balance to strike. Someone constantly going on and on about what they are missing out on is probably fair game to be told to wind their neck in. Someone having a wee moment to express how frustrated they are at say, the kids missing out on all that graduations BS they do, or just something they were looking forward to that doesnt seem a big deal, I guess that person might just be starting to suffer under the weight of it all and needs to moan their tits off for a wee while. This should be encouraged.

I never thought I'd say this but I'm actually quite enjoying being back at work and actually having a chat with people again (while social distancing obviously).

What we did think was quite amusing was that 6 of us were just chatting away to each other at our desks and noted that if we did this outside we'd be pulled by the Polis. One of the girls also commented that she thought it really surreal that she could sit talking with all of us at work but had to speak out the window to her sister on her birthday because they couldn't come into contact with each other being from a different household.

It's when you break it down like that it does seem pretty bloody bizarre and also rather pointless, as at least She knows where her sisters been and what she's been getting up to but as for all of us, well ??????

For what it's worth I've been living a bit isolated for years due to a toxic group of friends. Anyway what I've found is that sitting around and complaining doesnt help. You need to change your mindset away from being motivated to one of not requiring motivation.
It needs to be your mindset to do something that's awkward or hard every day. Almost military style, get up and do it and it will make things better.
Yes I'm missing the fives, football and knowing that theres the possibility of doing other things but it gets easier over time.
Dont use outside motivation or follow celebrity fitness regimes. You need to do it.

Not trying to be preachy or anything but trying to help.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

What are we on now? Who is allowed to moan about what?

People can’t complain about little things.  

So that’s good news for you.

Just had a horrible thought.

When all this is over, we’re going to end up with a shitey concert fronted by c***s like Bono, Geldof and Martin.

THis.  Lots of folk are used to  (and indeed need) their day structured for them.  To suddenly go to having to structure your own day when your motivation is rock bottom is not an easy thing to do.  Take my missus for example (a notorious mentalist),  i offered to give her a day off from schooling the bairn the other day thinking she would appreciate just sitting reading or watching the telly.  But no, I should "f**k off, do your work and let me get on with my structured day".  Charming.
Anyway, Im structuring my day around Alert Mongoose and today is not a fucking good day.   

I think I’m married to your wife

Just had a horrible thought.
When all this is over, we’re going to end up with a shitey concert fronted by c***s like Bono, Geldof and Martin.
Jesus Christ man..........you've just killed any optimism I had left

35 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

THis.  Lots of folk are used to  (and indeed need) their day structured for them.  To suddenly go to having to structure your own day when your motivation is rock bottom is not an easy thing to do.  Take my missus for example (a notorious mentalist),  i offered to give her a day off from schooling the bairn the other day thinking she would appreciate just sitting reading or watching the telly.  But no, I should "f**k off, do your work and let me get on with my structured day".  Charming.

Anyway, Im structuring my day around Alert Mongoose and today is not a fucking good day.    <<<seething

Cracks showing & we've not long been in lockdown...

Tbf the bairn dodged a bullet from your tuition.

15 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Charming.

Anyway, Im structuring my day around Alert Mongoose and today is not a fucking good day.    <<<seething

Chin up m9

0A718AAD-E27A-4461-B6F2-1D0A865D8A78.thumb.jpeg.6230853b120c545b59c553ba43ccedad.jpeg

When I was having an inch wide camera fed up by backside none of the lassies doing it looked like this.

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

When I was having an inch wide camera fed up by backside none of the lassies doing it looked like this.

Was this in a hospital or do you have a fetish?

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Was this in a hospital or do you have a fetish?

Hospital. If I was after a buzz I'd not be wanting a lady who looks like she could change a tractor tyre doing it.