Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I said this weeks ago and took my usual power of abuse.

We have a government of clowns and an entitled thick population.

Agree with this. Jeane Freeman looks like she stumbled out the house to get some chips and Lambrini and somehow found herself as Cabinet Minister for Health.

At least Derek Mackay went into hiding before Coronavirus and isn’t around to mess up the Chancellors package. 

9 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
Either lots of people are home-baking or, as I suspect, a lot of people bought flour, yeast etc with the intention of baking and now have these items sitting at the back of their store cupboards.

Seen some plain flour in Sainsburys but nothing anywhere else. I'm using it as I have a bread maker but down to my last half-bag of bread flour.

Yeast is the only item that's been rationed in Italian supermarkets.

Fanny bread? Apparently its a thing. 

https://metro.co.uk/2015/11/25/this-woman-is-making-sourdough-bread-out-of-her-vaginal-yeast-5523443/

19 minutes ago, moniton said:

I work in social care and some of our staff went on a short training session for home care as they are on their knees with staff sickness levels, they were told that when going into a client’s house they were to ask them to take a deep breath and if they coughed then not to go in. Surely this is made up on the back of a fag packet bollocks. I don’t want them putting themselves in danger if it can be avoided.

I stopped the carers coming in over 2 weeks ago, usually get two in morning and two in to assist at night  but it was just not worth the risk as few of their colleagues were self isolating and their PPE was a pair of gloves and a flimsy apron, felt a bit shit as they will not get paid for the cancelled calls.

16 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Absolutely. 

Scotland's numbers surely per population are one of the worst in the world? Nearly 300 dead compared to Ireland, Norway, Denmark, Slovakia.

Highly unlikely to be among the worst in the world. We're not even among the worst in the UK.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

That's what caused the government to make a balls up of securing testing kits and ventilators?

Huge amount of people filled up pubs etc on the last few days before the lockdown. Not just them but in parks and outside in general in big cities.

The government only had one option, total lockdown weeks before they did. They allowed football matches and horse racing to go on and gave half arsed advice about going to work and public transport. The same female scientific advisor was on five live defending public gatherings then saying social distancing was essential a week later. There’s a minority of blame on business leaders and owners as well as a small minority of morons as well.

Just now, Gordon EF said:

Highly unlikely to be among the worst in the world. We're not even among the worst in the UK.

Trousered by England

Recent Adam Buxton podcast with one of those doctor twins off the telly (Xand Van Tulleken). Starts off prior to lockdown Then jumps forward a week. Interesting to hear from someone who happened to be an expert in exotic diseases and global pandemics so knew what the processes would be in terms of distancing etc. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-adam-buxton-podcast/id1040481893?i=1000469606713

3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

The per capita death rate league table atm.

England

Wales

Scotland

Northern Ireland

It's frightening how far in front England are, I do expect UK to be highest in Europe as well. 

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

It's frightening how far in front England are, I do expect UK to be highest in Europe as well. 

Yeah. It'd be interesting to see what affect London alone has on those figures. I suspect a massive one.

Still think Italy'll take the title myself.

Edited by Gordon EF

3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Yeah. It'd be interesting to see what affect London alone has on those figures. I suspect a massive one.

James O'Brien on LBC this morning devoted a large part of his programme to highlighting the significant numbers of English/Londoners who are just completely disregarding lockdown.

42 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Unsurprising given we have the shittest government and the biggest percentage of single IQ'd simpletons per capita in the continent. 

If only there was a word to sum up those two characteristics of this sceptred isle.

Ah yes, Brexit.