Coronavirus (COVID-19)

30 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

If that number is for Saturday - Monday, is that not a reasonably good sign?

Not if you're one of the 74 !!

9 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Think the Paris daytime jogging ban is a very good idea IMO. Particularly as there seems to be a wave of new joggers given the current situation. Less folk out at daytime the better. 

Funnily enough, I've seen people out running and walking recently who I've never seen in my life before. They apparently DO live in my avenue but it seems that they're now wanting to go out because they can't where before they didn't want to because they could.

Human nature, you couldn't write it.

1 hour ago, Herman Hessian said:

please keep your £20 - extensive research have revealed nothing similar - sorry

on the upside - i have  also discovered that the fragrant ms hurley's elder sister, kate, has an even better pair of tits than her famous sibling - imagine those two fighting over the soap in the bath as sprightly young things...

Liz Hurley rushes from the US to be with model nephew Miles after ...

57 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

You are a danger to society.

Can't believe this is the only post calling that comment out. It is by far the creepiest comment I've ever read on here and that takes some doing. 

8 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Can't believe this is the only post calling that comment out. It is by far the creepiest comment I've ever read on here and that takes some doing. 

Have you never watched Twins of Evil?

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Here's a link to the actual study on school closures rather than the BBC article

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanchi/article/PIIS2352-4642(20)30095-X/fulltext

Cheers.

A lot of the assumptions made there don't really make sense to me. The idea that it would only have a 2-4% impact is based on a paper that says if you closed the schools, families with children would see a substantial (25%) increase in other social contact time in community. Since we've been locked down and the only outdoor activities allowed are things we'd have been doing anyway (shopping, walks in the park etc), I don't really see how that's realistic. They also seem to directly contradict the conclusions of some of the papers that they cite as supporting evidence.

The idea that you could do social distancing in schools effectively is completely mad anyway. I reckon I could fit about 6 of my class of 30 in my classroom if I had to keep them all 2 metres apart. That's before you get onto practicalities like dropping-off time, home time and the health and safety of staff.

TLDR: After a fortnight of social distancing, academics with kids have already had enough of home-schooling and are desperately trying to fob off their offspring onto someone else.

15 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Funnily enough, I've seen people out running and walking recently who I've never seen in my life before. They apparently DO live in my avenue but it seems that they're now wanting to go out because they can't where before they didn't want to because they could.

Human nature, you couldn't write it.

Alternatively these are people who would normally use a gym/play a sport, who now don't have that option so are doing what they can.

He’ll probably now restrain from posting “if they were mine I’d still be bathing them”.

4 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Alternatively these are people who would normally use a gym/play a sport, who now don't have that option so are doing what they can.

Trust me, they wouldn't, unless you'd count Darts of course.

27 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

854 is today’s figure...

ETA: highest yet

Where do you get that from? It was coming on the bbc app at 2 o clock before but not now.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
59 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
If that number is for Saturday - Monday, is that not a reasonably good sign?

Could do with someone knocking out a graph tbh.

It was 46 deaths a day on Friday and Saturday   last week and now 78 deaths on 3 days so It appears to be a good sign at 26 deaths a day average but I’m not sure what they’re playing at with the figures.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Apparently our council are sending out food parcels. We're on the list.

Just been delivered - a fry pack, a packet of soda bread, tea bags, sugar, coffee, a jar of jam, tin of custard, tin of beans, tin of peas, tin of chicken soup, 4 sachets of breakfast cereal.

More than happy with that.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

Just been delivered - a fry pack, a packet of soda bread, tea bags, sugar, coffee, a jar of jam, tin of custard, tin of beans, tin of peas, tin of chicken soup, 4 sachets of breakfast cereal.

What are you having tomorrow?

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

That sounds like what would been delivered if the Broons had ordered a Tesco home delivery from the But ‘n Ben.