Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, keithgy said:

A UPS driver died yesterday,people are ordering a lot of crap and someone paid with their life.

This is a tough one.  I’m all in favour of all non-essential businesses being part of the lockdown but can’t see how you can separate essential and non-essential on-line buying.

Leaving it to people's best judgement isn’t working.

Edited by Granny Danger

I read that article about the school closures. It makes some sense. Where it utterly falls on its arse is saying that social distancing should take place if / when schools reopen.

You cannot have social distancing in a school. It's logistically impossible.

11 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Flat earth is a tough place to go to and get a result.

He probably already has the clap. 

Eta: welshbairn beat me to it. 

You're right.  St johnstone haven't lost to hearts at home for about 8 seasons.  

8 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Big time..

If anyone can find a picture of Liz Hurley in a nurse uniform could you please post.. Ive been searching all morning...

how and why are folk so incapable of using internet search engines FFS ???

Liz Hurley sizzles in sexy nurse outfit – and it catches the eye ...

I saw a thread on Twitter about the challanges facing people who work with injecting drug addicts in Glasgow.  They have poor health anyway and are now facing difficulties with finding drugs (can't make the journey to your dealer) and money (many make their money by begging, shoplifting or sex work, all of which have basically been ended due to the lockdown).  Other people who know more can confirm but I think that respiratory conditions are common among heroin users, who I assume don't have the best lifestyle for maintaining a healthy body and immune system.  
I suppose people who are regularly using cocaine might have respiratory issues.  Smoking dope might also cause damage to the lungs and make someone more vulnerable to chest infections etc, I don't really know though. 

Use of cocaine has an impact on the heart. Which if weakened would have a knock on impact on other parts of the body.
Any smoking causes issues with the lungs making the user more susceptible to respiratory illness.
Heroin users dont on the whole tend to have healthy lives, dont take care of themselves, eat properly, contract hepatitis which weakens the kidneys etc etc its easy to see how this would have an impact on them.

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I read that article about the school closures. It makes some sense. Where it utterly falls on its arse is saying that social distancing should take place if / when schools reopen.

You cannot have social distancing in a school. It's logistically impossible.

I work in a nursery in a school, trying explaining social distancing to a three year old!!

Never mind the space to fit 30 individual desks 2m apart in a class. I’ll leave you as the maths teacher go work out sqmt needed!

1 minute ago, RH33 said:

I work in a nursery in a school, trying explaining social distancing to a three year old!!

Never mind the space to fit 30 individual desks 2m apart in a class. I’ll leave you as the maths teacher go work out sqmt needed!

33 desks, and mine, and shelves, and a cupboard 😕

Edited by Gaz

4 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

You can't blame the public if they've been told it's alright to buy things online.  

I actually thought the UPS thing was a reply to the "conspiracy theory", "fake news" topic, is it actually genuine ??

9 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

how and why are folk so incapable of using internet search engines FFS ???

Liz Hurley sizzles in sexy nurse outfit – and it catches the eye ...

I'll donate 20 quid to a charity of your choice if you find another one

Edited by Bohemian