Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The two points are combined.

If he dies while getting the very best treatment, I'll then be hugely worried. It means there is literally nothing anyone can do except give you a few more days to fight the virus.

My boss, parents, aunties/uncles, friends. All of them have people in them that are in their 50s, with no underlying health conditions.

If he dies while having the best treatment possible, and this looks like it could infect the majority of people, I'm terrified of what will happen to those I've mentioned.

There was a bit today in either the Guardian or Independent suggesting that people can get different levels of infection depending upon their exposure.

Given Johnson spent ages shaking hands with probable carriers it would not be a surprise if his exposure levels were high.

Hopefully your family and friends are not subject to that level of exposure.

20 minutes ago, throbber said:

No matter what medical treatment you get there is no cure for the virus yet so it is down to your immune system if you get over it.

This video is a good watch, it’s pretty long and is largely unpleasant but it’s an insightful video if you want to understand the virus a bit more from a medical perspective. Would also recommend watching if you are one of those who laughed when you heard about Johnson or anyone else for that matter catching it.

Looks like you helped him out with the graphics, not your best work.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

There was a bit today in either the Guardian or Independent suggesting that people can get different levels of infection depending upon their exposure.

Given Johnson spent ages shaking hands with probable carriers it would not be a surprise if his exposure levels were high.

Hopefully your family and friends are not subject to that level of exposure.

Consultant on BBC News just said the same.  If you get a small dose, your body gets a chance to prepare its defences before all hell breaks loose?

There's been no mention of this (for obvious reasons), however it wouldn't surprise me if many of those with "no underlying conditions" might have serious recreational drug habits ???

4 minutes ago, The DA said:

Is this one of those 'What is next in the series?' Mensa puzzles?

I'll let you know if you get it right.

Edited by bennett
Auto type thingy

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The two points are combined.

If he dies while getting the very best treatment, I'll then be hugely worried. It means there is literally nothing anyone can do except give you a few more days to fight the virus.

My boss, parents, aunties/uncles, friends. All of them have people in them that are in their 50s, with no underlying health conditions.

If he dies while having the best treatment possible, and this looks like it could infect the majority of people, I'm terrified of what will happen to those I've mentioned.

I'm sure the Italian Doctors already confirmed that all they can do is set up equipment to allow you to breathe and then it's up to your body to fight off the infection. If your body can't manage that then it's curtains.

Basically the ventilators buy you time and that's about it.

Edited by WATTOO

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

He’ll be sending them a bottle of hydroxychloroquine.

8 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

He's flying over a crate of that hydroxychloroquine.

C’mon bud.

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

There's been no mention of this (for obvious reasons), however it wouldn't surprise me if many of those with "no underlying conditions" might have serious recreational drug habits ???

I saw a thread on Twitter about the challanges facing people who work with injecting drug addicts in Glasgow.  They have poor health anyway and are now facing difficulties with finding drugs (can't make the journey to your dealer) and money (many make their money by begging, shoplifting or sex work, all of which have basically been ended due to the lockdown).  Other people who know more can confirm but I think that respiratory conditions are common among heroin users, who I assume don't have the best lifestyle for maintaining a healthy body and immune system.  

I suppose people who are regularly using cocaine might have respiratory issues.  Smoking dope might also cause damage to the lungs and make someone more vulnerable to chest infections etc, I don't really know though.