Coronavirus (COVID-19)

On 05/04/2020 at 19:59, Moomintroll said:

Will mean nothing to most people outside North Ayrshire but that's Marymass been cancelled now, shit just got real.

Many lives have been saved. 

37 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I think it’s very naive to think that Johnson will have any more commitment to our public health system if he survives this than he does now.

He won't be alone in that

5 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Only thing I'm worried about is the fact he'll be getting the very best treatment possible in this country.

Why are you worried that he'll be getting the best possible treatment in this country?

If he does die, it just completely confirms theres nothing that cam be done to save you medically.

Brilliant observation. This is so true. 

The two points are combined.

If he dies while getting the very best treatment, I'll then be hugely worried. It means there is literally nothing anyone can do except give you a few more days to fight the virus.

My boss, parents, aunties/uncles, friends. All of them have people in them that are in their 50s, with no underlying health conditions.

If he dies while having the best treatment possible, and this looks like it could infect the majority of people, I'm terrified of what will happen to those I've mentioned.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're absolutely deluded if you think it would change anything. It would just let him use the line about how much he loves the NHS in the future to keep his job.

Only thing I'm worried about is the fact he'll be getting the very best treatment possible in this country.

If he does die, it just completely confirms theres nothing that cam be done to save you medically. All they can do is buy you time and pray your body can fight it off yourself. Thats a slightly terrifying thought, especially if a vaccine is 12-18 months away, which means we're all likely to get it at some point.

Proper doom mongering, but theres a chance that if your body cant fight it off, then you're already a dead man walking.

No matter what medical treatment you get there is no cure for the virus yet so it is down to your immune system if you get over it.

This video is a good watch, it’s pretty long and is largely unpleasant but it’s an insightful video if you want to understand the virus a bit more from a medical perspective. Would also recommend watching if you are one of those who laughed when you heard about Johnson or anyone else for that matter catching it.

11 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

This is all beginning to sound like a Bruce Lee film

Faroe Islands. Abandoned football pitch on Faroe Islands. Now used ...

Uefa should annex the Faroes and parachute all the top teams in (after covid testing) with a few tents, a mitre 5 and a sack of oranges to finish of the season

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The two points are combined.

If he dies while getting the very best treatment, I'll then be hugely worried. It means there is literally nothing anyone can do except give you a few more days to fight the virus.

My boss, parents, aunties/uncles, friends. All of them have people in them that are in their 50s, with no underlying health conditions.

If he dies while having the best treatment possible, and this looks like it could infect the majority of people, I'm terrified of what will happen to those I've mentioned.

Thanks for your explanation.

6 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Faroe Islands. Abandoned football pitch on Faroe Islands. Now used ...

Uefa should annex the Faroes and parachute all the top teams in (after covid testing) with a few tents, a mitre 5 and a sack of oranges to finish of the season

Season cancelled when some a lumbering Centre Half lumps the last of the balls into the sea. 

Starting to think there might be something to this 5g theory. 

If you check out the data and the science it all looks a bit shady. 

No, there isn’t anything to it whatsoever.

How many active 5g masts does Iran have?

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're absolutely deluded if you think it would change anything. It would just let him use the line about how much he loves the NHS in the future to keep his job.

If he does die, it just completely confirms theres nothing that cam be done to save you medically. All they can do is buy you time and pray your body can fight it off yourself. Thats a slightly terrifying thought, especially if a vaccine is 12-18 months away, which means we're all likely to get it at some point.

Proper doom mongering, but theres a chance that if your body cant fight it off, then you're already a dead man walking.

Think you're (understandably) worrying too much. The best treatment will help as it gives the body the best chance at being more effective to fight the virus. 

Boris Johnson hasn't lived the healthiest of lives, so there's no doubt underlying conditions that are working against him.

Even so, the death rate is still very low. Also in most cases of folk who catch it the symptoms will be mild and they'll be fine. Having certain conditions just means that you can be at higher risk of developing more serious symptoms. It's not the death sentence you fear it could be.

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Sit down

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

First it was the bats, then the pangolins, now its 5g.

What next?