Coronavirus (COVID-19)

What fucking chance have we got when the general public, and in fact off duty tesco employees, cannot follow a fucking simple one way system around a shop.

Going to stick my neck out here and say that the one way system is pish.

Did my shopping on Saturday, the first time with the one way system in place. At first I was all for following it but after walking down an aisle I realised, shit I was meant to get *insert item* but the item was now behind me. It was like missing a junction on a motorway. This meant having to follow the arrows which started leading me away from where I needed to be and I was struggling to see what path I could take to make safe passage to the aisle. I then had people heading towards me because they were ignoring the rules and going the wrong way down a one way aisle. I thought f**k this piece of nonsense and started to shop like I normally do.

I’m all for keeping my distance from others and using a bit of common sense i.e if an aisle is busy return when it’s a bit quieter - but the one way system doesn’t work, it’s not practical. I prefer to shop the way I’m used to so I can get myself in and out of there pronto.

Just now, jamamafegan said:

Did my shopping on Saturday, the first time with the one way system in place. At first I was all for following it but after walking down an aisle I realised, shit I was meant to get *insert item* but the item was now behind me. It was like missing a junction on a motorway. This meant having to follow the arrows which started leading me away from where I needed to be and I was struggling to see what path I could take to make safe passage to the aisle. I then had people heading towards me because they were ignoring the rules and going the wrong way down a one way aisle. I thought f**k this piece of nonsense and started to shop like I normally do.

I’m all for keeping my distance from others and using a bit of common sense i.e if an aisle is busy return when it’s a bit quieter - but the one way system doesn’t work, it’s not practical. I prefer to shop the way I’m used to so I can get myself in and out of there pronto.

^^^ Can't follow simple arrows on the ground.

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Just because it is worse for other people doesn't mean it can't still be shit for you.

Bitching about missing a birthday party during the worst crisis in decades is a fucking nonsense.  It’s an indication of just how easy live is/has been for some folk.

There will be genuinely vulnerable people out there who have legitimate grounds for complaint but not some of the pish that’s being reported.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Bitching about missing a birthday party during the worst crisis in decades is a fucking nonsense.  It’s an indication of just how easy live is/has been for some folk.

There will be genuinely vulnerable people out there who have legitimate grounds for complaint but not some of the pish that’s being reported.

It isn't just a birthday party, the way of life for the majority of people has been drastically changed. It's obviously going to get reported on.

Common sense is the key. Try to follow the system but sometimes it doesn't work, so a bit of common sense is needed.

Anyone having a go at someone for this is clearly a power-hungry fanny.

These rules don't make a huge difference. They make a small difference, but folk lose all perspective in times like these.

Just now, Rob1885 said:

It isn't just a birthday party, the way of life for the majority of people has been drastically changed. It's obviously going to get reported on.

Yes it has and is being drastically changed, almost definitely for a very limited period.  Live with it.

I’ve read pretty awful stories about people living with dementia sufferers, people with autistic kids, people with REAL problems.  That’s a story that deserves reported, not some c**t mumping about being inconvenienced for a few weeks.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It depends what form that "bitching" is taking. I'd say it's perfectly OK for someone to say - "Gutted to be missing Fiona's 18th today" or "It's really shit not being able to go to the pictures" or anything like that. Stuff like that is just people sharing their opinions harmlessly. It only becomes a problem if they think this is genuinely more important than other people's struggles. If they're lobbying the government to be allowed to go out then that's a different story, but I haven't seen any of that - just people quite rightly sad and or annoyed about their life being made worse in some way.

I'm confused as to where the opinions of random members of the general public are "being reported" anyway.

have never understood that why, as a nation of driving on the left sorts, people don't follow the same convention when fucking walking - everywhere; even folk who do not drive should just about be able to tell left from right; you could therefore have effective two-way aisles in shops far more easily

would have the advantage that, on pavements etc, the folk on the right would be looking at oncoming traffic and be (marginally) better placed to react to errant vehicles, cross the road without cutting in front of others etc

drives me garrity when there are soppy twats pushing their way 'against the tide' in supermarket aisles - you should be allowed to kick their trollies over...

Just now, craigkillie said:

It depends what form that "bitching" is taking. I'd say it's perfectly OK for someone to say - "Gutted to be missing Fiona's 18th today" or "It's really shit not being able to go to the pictures" or anything like that. Stuff like that is just people sharing their opinions harmlessly. It only becomes a problem if they think this is genuinely more important than other people's struggles. If they're lobbying the government to be allowed to go out then that's a different story, but I haven't seen any of that - just people quite rightly sad and or annoyed about their life being made worse in some way.

I'm confused as to where the opinions of random members of the general public are "being reported" anyway.

I’ve been trawling through regional press, not so I can find reasons to complain mind you rather to see how the issue is being reported in different parts of the country.  Printed press equivalents of ‘vox pops’ showing this.

Anyway I’ve made my point.

I'ts hard to believe we'll be out of lockdown before the end of June and possibly later than that.
IMO, this will continue until the NHS is no longer at risk of being overwhelmed.
We should settle in for the long run.

Keep saying that if the lockdown lasts longer than5-6 weeks tops it will do more damage than the virus. People acting irrationally in an emergency are as dangerous if not more so than the original hazard
People keep bleating on about how we need to “put peoples health before the economy “ as if the two things are completely separate entities with no effect on each other. Pish! Where there is a-lot of poverty there is poor health and low life expectancy. Vice versa
Sorry to sound rough but people die all the time. Every single thing you do carries the risk of you dieing . For the “one death is too many “ & “if it saves one life its worth it” crowd then sorry too bad, get off your phones. The only choice we make in life is whether or not something has an acceptable risk or an unacceptable risk. Do we stop all road transport becuase there is a risk of fatalities? No

My local shop put a one way system in the other day to stop people wandering across the top of aisles they blocked it with big bargin bins full of crisps, chocolate, cakes and drink. there was no reason whatsoever for having produce down any of the aisles when you can just go bin dipping for all the good stuff.

Just now, dirty dingus said:

My local shop put a one way system in the other day to stop people wandering across the top of aisles they blocked it with big bargin bins full of crisps, chocolate, cakes and drink. there was no reason whatsoever for having produce down any of the aisles when you can just go bin dipping for all the good stuff.

I’d imagine bin dipping is the norm in Greenock anyway.

Keep saying that if the lockdown lasts longer than5-6 weeks tops it will do more damage than the virus. People acting irrationally in an emergency are as dangerous if not more so than the original hazard
People keep bleating on about how we need to “put peoples health before the economy “ as if the two things are completely separate entities with no effect on each other. Pish! Where there is a-lot of poverty there is poor health and low life expectancy. Vice versa
Sorry to sound rough but people die all the time. Every single thing you do carries the risk of you dieing . For the “one death is too many “ & “if it saves one life its worth it” crowd then sorry too bad, get off your phones. The only choice we make in life is whether or not something has an acceptable risk or an unacceptable risk. Do we stop all road transport becuase there is a risk of fatalities? No

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Okay boomer.

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

What if you’re stuck on a sofa bed at the mother in law’s because you can’t move into your new house? Can I moan about that because by Christ I need to moan to someone.

Just now, Alert Mongoose said:

What if you’re stuck on a sofa bed at the mother in law’s because you can’t move into your new house? Can I moan about that because by Christ I need to moan to someone.

No.  Grow a pair.  Snowflake.