Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Don't understand that graph. France went into lockdown a week before UK.  3 weeks ago.

Are the colours wrong?

All countries start at their lockdown day, we are on about day 8 on that as it's a rolling average, Italy is actually down at 730 as I missed updating last average. 

Edited by ayrmad

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Germany still seem to be doing a lot better than us. Their curve is flattening.

image.png.f3acca89ee748fdfe16fb55af611f8a7.png

Ours isn't.

image.png.5669097957b9bcbe953b349fd8c723d7.png

Wait till we open the second front.

Just now, MixuFixit said:

I'm going to have an aneurism at posters on this thread having the nous to download data and get it into excel but then taking a photo of their screen and uploading that instead of screenshotting

And as for those who can't spell aneur anury a stroke!

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I'm going to have an aneurism at posters on this thread having the nous to download data and get it into excel but then taking a photo of their screen and uploading that instead of screenshotting

I'm shite at it and I also do them on a laptop that I don't put Internet on. 

Edited by ayrmad

If we're looking at 7 day averages, the last 3 days has shown Germany starting to decrease new cases (7 day average was 5.8k on 2nd Apr, and it's now 5.4k). Spain has saw a similar decrease over the last 4 days and Italy the last 10 days. UK yet to see that sort of decrease, but we were later to start.

In terms of deaths, only Italy has started to show that decrease in 7 day average over the last couple of days, but this is something that you would expect to have a lag over cases.

I have graphs that I'm using for tracking at work but can't access Pie and Bovril on the work laptop! Haven't put any photos of them up either though!

8 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Bad time to have an aneurism, all the ICU beds are spoken for.

54 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

My take from that is that it takes approx 1 month from contracting the disease to being reported dead. 

Lockdown started on March 23.

So we will probably see an increase in deaths in England until approx St George's day. (just to pluck a time out of the air)

In Scotland it will of course be St Andrew's day.

We're going to have a long wait.

18 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

The nurse feels your pain:

pROeF_QPsurxgBTxBIMWbOXKuHnCD-OX-d1upM0U

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Snipping tool + USB stick? Maybe phone camera is easier...

It really doesn't bother me what it looks like, Germany are obviously following a different strategy from the rest.