Coronavirus (COVID-19)

21 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Moral question P&B. Kids need new clothes, not desperately, but very soon. Also resources to amuse the kids, birthday presents, stuff like that. Wife in a moral quandary about buying online. Feels she's contributing to people having to work and endanger themselves by ordering stuff. What do youse think? 

Definitely still buying clothes. Our youngest needed new shoes/wellies this week so had to buy online. 

11 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Moral question P&B. Kids need new clothes, not desperately, but very soon. Also resources to amuse the kids, birthday presents, stuff like that. Wife in a moral quandary about buying online. Feels she's contributing to people having to work and endanger themselves by ordering stuff. What do youse think? 

There's morals and there's morals, basically everything we do in modern society has some ethical impact on someone somewhere and despite what many who post on here would have you believe, nobody is perfect and it's really impossible to be whiter than white or perfect.

I'm working as well but could we do without Banks ? People need chargebacks and section 75 claims processed and they need to request their Mortgage payment holidays and ensure their wages have been paid. At the same time if the Supermarket workers weren't working then we wouldn't be eating, same with the Butchers, Bakers etc. Delivery drivers, Chemists, NHS, basically people couldn't manage without all these things.

If people want to be genuinely good, then treating those working with respect is really all anyone can hope for and the remuneration side of things should be a job of our Unions to get deals that REALLY show that people are valued as opposed to a token 60 second applause on a Thursday night.

I honestly hope people don't forget how useless Wayne Rooney and Harry Kane are for society in relation to wee Maggie serving in the local shop or Jimmy the Postman or Alison and Debbie the NHS workers or Kenny and Fiona in the local Bank branch, however I wouldn't count on it.

18 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm still buying 'shite' online and have had books delivered along with a few things for my youngest's b'day next month.  I also have groceries delivered from Tesco.  

If I was still living with either of my ex wives, though, I'd say there is a moratorium on online shopping.

:o

27 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Imo its  better to buy online when you can rather than going to the shops.

Get it bought. I bought a load of outdoors stuff I probably won't need for months. Tbf Berghaus were doing a very time limited 50% off deal for key workers [emoji41]

5 minutes ago, Gaz said:

My wife is feeling a bit feverish tonight. This isn't uncommon as our home life life can often lead to us feeling unwell, but naturally we're all a bit worried. We have three kids. One is a newborn. The other two are disabled with autism and additional needs. Genuinely terrified how we'll cope if one of us gets it.

Fingers crossed it passes. Life is probably manic enough without taking one of you out of action. 

11 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

Catherine Calderwood did an incredibly stupid and irresponsible thing, twice. She should at least have offered her resignation.

However, it should be remembered that one of her predecessors as Chief Medical Officer spawned Susan Calman. Unless, and until, she does something similarly heinous, she should be considered with a degree of sympathy.

No sympathy required.

She's clearly pissed off a few people in the Fife community for that to have arrived in the Sun.

It was monumentally stupid and arrogant on Calderwood's part.

Probably the most gratuitous career suicide ever committed.

4 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

No sympathy required.

She's clearly pissed off a few people in the Fife community for that to have arrived in the Sun.

It was monumentally stupid and arrogant on Calderwood's part.

Probably the most gratuitous career suicide ever committed.

She should have said that last weekend was a misunderstanding about the guidelines (her own guidelines) but the weekend just past was because she thought she'd left a ring on the weekend before.

19 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Get it bought. I bought a load of outdoors stuff I probably won't need for months. Tbf Berghaus were doing a very time limited 50% off deal for key workers emoji41.png

Still be cheaper to buy their gear in Black's and the like.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Nurse and former member of the Westboro Baptist Church. No joke.

nintchdbpict000359487564.jpg

I just watched louis Therouix follow up to the original documentary and she was in it after just being kicked out of the nutters church and yip she was working as a nurse.

Assuming you are still going to supermarkets to buy groceries, most have clothes sections don't they?