Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Lurkst said:

Sturgeon stays in 2 homes also.

The First Minister of Scotland has a personal residence and an official one?  Thank Christ we have people like you on here to keep us right.

Guest Moomintroll
The First Minister of Scotland has a personal residence and an official one?  Thank Christ we have people like you on here to keep us right.
Fucking Tory Bitch.

It's almost as if there was a surreptitious effort to still achieve the herd goal seeing as so many people are morons who wouldn't adhere.
Incidentally where is despicable Dom Cummings hiding at the moment during his isolation.   Under a large rock probably.
Think I posted before about this but I had assumed the herd goal would still be in play. I made the assumption that the governments preference would be ongoing transmission at a level where the NHS is not, and not likely to be overwhelmed, both for economic and herd immunity reasons. I dont think anyone can seriously believe the tories are going to maintain lockdown whilst this runs down to almost gone. NHS at 70%, people still dying but life returning to normal would probably be a result they are happy with.

4 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Fucking Tory Bitch.

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Seems quite peaceful & less fractious on here this morning, I wonder why?
#stillluvutyniex

🤔

Think I posted before about this but I had assumed the herd goal would still be in play. I made the assumption that the governments preference would be ongoing transmission at a level where the NHS is not, and not likely to be overwhelmed, both for economic and herd immunity reasons. I dont think anyone can seriously believe the tories are going to maintain lockdown whilst this runs down to almost gone. NHS at 70%, people still dying but life returning to normal would probably be a result they are happy with.

Herd immunity, I believe, was never a policy in and of itself. The UK was never just going to wait it out. From what I understand, herd immunity is necessary at some point. It’s just a question of when.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Herd immunity, I believe, was never a policy in and of itself. The UK was never just going to wait it out. From what I understand, herd immunity is necessary at some point. It’s just a question of when.

Yeah, that's what I mean. There will be an acceptable rate of infection (and by extension, death). We had to act to get the level below that which the NHS can cope with. I highly doubt an acceptable rate would ever be made public but I cant see any way how it wont exist. 

26 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If the government said you can walk, jog and/or run 2 miles who would police that? The government is expecting people to show some common sense.

That is not to detract from the government’s culpability.

At least we would know what we were meant to be doing in that case.

If you set the speed limit at 70 then people can still go over that. At least they're having a limit set. At the moment the exercise guidance is like saying "you can drive on this road".

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It's a bit of a pisser if you're high risk, I could end up having to stay indoors until there's a vaccine or at least a decent antiviral, even it gets to 60%.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

What statement was made by any government spokesperson makes you believe that?  

Guest Moomintroll
Because c***s like you have mainly stayed away.
#beingfractious
Hope your bottle of wine is corked you old DAB c**t.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

At least we would know what we were meant to be doing in that case.

If you set the speed limit at 70 then people can still go over that. At least they're having a limit set. At the moment the exercise guidance is like saying "you can drive on this road".

You do realise that if the government had said “you can exercise for a maximum of two miles” loads of folk would have claimed that was too prescriptive?

You would probably have been one of them.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, that's what I mean. There will be an acceptable rate of infection (and by extension, death). We had to act to get the level below that which the NHS can cope with. I highly doubt an acceptable rate would ever be made public but I cant see any way how it wont exist. 

Exactly. Too many morons out there who'd be crying "no deaths are acceptable" for the general public to understand that part of this is weighing up acceptable number of deaths versus the damage this does to the economy, exactly as it should be.