Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Calling it now - no "lads" visited each other to have a few beers in Philpy's street, and no police were called.

^^^ Lives 4 doors up from Philpy and now has a criminal record.

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyway, more falling numbers for Spain and reports that they are trying to source masks for everyone prior to easing restrictions.

This mask thing seems to be gaining ground despite the questionable value.

Just ordered a glue gun to fix the dodgy ones I got from Ebay for emergencies. I'll probably need to order another one to fix the dodgy glue gun.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, Tynierose said:
I'm quite comfortable blaming Chris Martin for the pandemic.  

I think it's an oversimplification. I cant accept that Ed Sheeran isnt somehow also to blame

Maybe the stars are in alignment.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Tynierose said:
I'm quite comfortable blaming Chris Martin for the pandemic.  

I think it's an oversimplification. I cant accept that Ed Sheeran isnt somehow also to blame

If Sheeran was a disease he’d be a mild case of diarrhoea...

30 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyway, more falling numbers for Spain

A bit of patience is clearly key with this.

Both Italy and Spain appear to be on the other side of the worst, but it took time for them to get there.

The same will happen here, but we do still have the worst of it to come.

Why can't news outlets report on this openly and honestly? That would be more of a 'boost' for people instead of the queen.

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

A bit of patience is clearly key with this.

Both Italy and Spain appear to be on the other side of the worst, but it took time for them to get there.

The same will happen here, but we do still have the worst of it to come.

Why can't news outlets report on this openly and honestly? That would be more of a 'boost' for people instead of the queen.

I think it's probably difficult to release the type of information people want to hear. I mean, I want to hear when and how restrictions are going to be rolled back. I'm a big boy, I can hear that its still a few weeks away before anything changes. But if they start saying when X happens then you can do Y, folk will just start doing Y. They need to keep us on high alert  because people cant be trusted not to hear one thing and do another

ETA it's been a while since I added my disclaimer that this is my own opinion, before one of the threads many VLs questions the validity of it.

Edited by Bairnardo

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Has the virus even hit the poorer countries in Africa and South East Asia? You would expect it to be absolutely devastating for these places but there hasn’t been much reported about it.

Yes it has

It hasn't been particularly devastating there yet, but there's still time. 

It has been widely reported on many international news outlets and dailly updates published by the WHO. 

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I just float in and out so have probably missed this. What isn't being reported? 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I think it's probably difficult to release the type of information people want to hear. I mean, I want to hear when and how restrictions are going to be rolled back. I'm a big boy, I can hear that its still a few weeks away before anything changes. But if they start saying when X happens then you can do Y, folk will just start doing Y. They need to keep us on high alert  because people cant be trusted not to hear one thing and do another

I suppose that's true.

But on the flip side we get "new infections increased by x" and "deaths increased by y" as if it is surprising.

Would just be refreshing to find out what is happening elsewhere, how long it took them to get there, when that same date would be for us etc.

It doesn't make much difference to me as I can find stuff out for myself, but there are plenty people about absolutely gripped by fear and hysteria for whom it's important they can see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, even if the UK itself can't quite see it yet.

Simple solution, reduce the over paid p***ks pay by 70%. Clubs take the 30% they obviously think they require to survive and the 40% goes to the tax man as normal. If the c***s can't "survive" on 30% of their tens of thousands a week then f**k them.

They are furloughing non playing employees to cover this, so despite there being no gain for anyone, the taxpayer can certainly interpret a loss