Coronavirus (COVID-19)

55 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Never mind all this Coronavirus shite. Who else is lumping on Minsk?Screenshot_20200404-222048_Ladbrokes.jpeg

Boosted? Those are shite odds (6/5 on SkyBet)

Amusing to see SkyBet taking RequestABets on Belarussian football all the same.

Guest Moomintroll

I'll never worry about upsetting someone less than half my age.

Unless I'm Prince Andrew.

Only half? He's improving.

11 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

This will all be over by July 12th imo.

IMG_20200404_234119.jpg.28d5046911ab7330be96c75e573c17ee.jpg

And if it isn't, at least we can kid on to them it is and get them out. Pretty sure you'll have one or two ludge members with an underlying health condition.

Am I right in thinking that the queen has weighed in  to give us a bit of a pep talk? If so, here's a pep talk for her - tell fucking jug ears to stop wasting every c**t's time and send his wee brother to the States on holiday. 

4:00 p.m. Stanford antibody test close to FDA approval, Newsom says: Stanford Medicine has developed an antibody test to indicate whether a person has developed some immunity to the coronavirus, Gov. Gavin Newsom said in a briefing Saturday. Newsom said the test was “hours” from being approved by the Food and Drug Administration. Dr. Charity Dean of the California Department of Public Health said the serologic, or blood-based, test could determine if a person has been infected and developed antibodies to the virus. People with immunity could theoretically interact with others without risk of catching or spreading the virus. “We’re very excited that this is a California homegrown test that is going to be rolled out in the next week for actual use on Californians,” Dean said.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

They are furloughing non playing employees to cover this, so despite there being no gain for anyone, the taxpayer can certainly interpret a loss

Clearly the only solution is to double their salaries - everyone's a winner.

Seriously though, haven't all those top players got accountants to minimise their tax bills? In which case, the loss of 500m income wouldn't equate to anything like 200m lost tax revenue.

Simple enough way around this - players take 500m pay cut, clubs save 500m in salaries, clubs donate 500m to NHS. At worst, 300m uplift in NHS funding. I know it's not as simple as that, but couldn't it be?

Guest Moomintroll
And if it isn't, at least we can kid on to them it is and get them out. Pretty sure you'll have one or two ludge members with an underlying health condition.
Obesity is clearly going to be an underlying condition in this case.