Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

If you get symptoms and are thus to self isolate at home with your family. What is the policy within the household. Has the govt or experts ever indicated that they want householders to spread the disease to each other ?
Or should you lock the wife up the loft ?

I'd imagine the advice the same as that for high risk people living with others, got this through the post today.

sat.thumb.JPG.bea917b6d95d9db893b4d5052c93d9b1.JPG

In Philadelphia, the city staged a parade with 200,000 people a week and a half after the first case was identified, and quickly saw a sharp spike in the death rate. In St. Louis, officials imposed draconian social distancing rules; the death rate there was less than half Philadelphia’s.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/sweden-girds-for-thousands-of-deaths-amid-laxer-virus-response-1.1417374

9 minutes ago, superbigal said:

If you get symptoms and are thus to self isolate at home with your family. What is the policy within the household. Has the govt or experts ever indicated that they want householders to spread the disease to each other ?
Or should you lock the wife up the loft ?

My wife stayed up the stairs and I took her food up etc left it outside the room. There is government guidance on what you should do and the best way to minimise the chance of it spreading. When all's said and done though, unless you live in a fucking mansion there's verging on f**k all you can do to stop it spreading in such close proximity. 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd imagine the advice the same as that for high risk people living with others, got this through the post today.

sat.thumb.JPG.bea917b6d95d9db893b4d5052c93d9b1.JPG

I'm still waiting for a letter. On fortnightly  immunotherapy infusions and considered incurable  so was kind of expecting a 12 weeker, but then I'm perfectly healthy and have shown no cancer on any scans (every 3 months) for 12 months now so I'm wondering if I'm not one of the seriously at risk c***s after all. I wonder how much input your onc has, and how much is just a tick box if you have a certain history. 

Is that the 12 week letter? Have you even had one from the govt yet? 

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The problem with VT (other than his patronising sneery style of writing) is that he NEVER agrees with anything or anyone and takes the contrarian view ALL the time, as such it becomes very tiresome reading his constant assaults and childish wynd ups to other posters.

Don't get me wrong, some of the stuff he posts can actually on occasion be pretty decent, but due to his adversarial and condescending style it just makes reading his posts more bother than what they're worth. (Incidentally being an Ayr fan I'm well aware of how successful or indeed unsuccessful we'been in our history).

The important thing is that we can all disagree with each other and also have a laugh but we can do it politely and without the constant pish, especially at a time when may of us are under pressure, so all in all I find it a much more enjoyable P&B experience to just stick him on ignore.

^^^Tone Trolling Helen Lovejoy 

(Just in case VT's busy)

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I'm still waiting for a letter. On fortnightly  immunotherapy infusions and considered incurable  so was kind of expecting a 12 weeker, but then I'm perfectly healthy and have shown no cancer on any scans (every 3 months) for 12 months now so I'm wondering if I'm not one of the seriously at risk c***s after all. I wonder how much input your onc has, and how much is just a tick box if you have a certain history. 

That's it, just got it today. On chemo but don't think I'm in the highest risk category. Been offered a free food delivery but need to check if they have artisan bread and where they source their olives before signing up for it. You'll probably get one on Monday, but I'd be happy to scan and email it to you if you PM your address.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

That's it, just got it today. On chemo but don't think I'm in the highest risk category. Been offered a free food delivery but need to check if they have artisan bread and where they source their olives before signing up for it. You'll probably get one on Monday, but I'd be happy to scan and email it to you if you PM your address.

Thanks for that mate, I'm cool though. Its more wondering if I'll get one. Been pretty much welded to the house since things got proper grim in Italy anyway 

8 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Thanks for that mate, I'm cool though. Its more wondering if I'll get one. Been pretty much welded to the house since things got proper grim in Italy anyway 

I've still been going to the shop occasionally but planning it like a military raid, drive by first to check how empty it is, loads of sanitiser and gloves, quick in and out. Last time though a seven year old ran right up to me and I nearly freaked, so I don't think I'll be going again for a while. The odds still seem very low in the Highlands but we've no idea how many are walking about with it with minor symptoms.

Edited by welshbairn

A scientist on the radio last week said exactly that but I can't find anything online to back it up. Why would minute droplets only go one way through the holes in a mask?

Masks don’t cover the eyes. A face mask could stop droplets getting in your mouth, but not your eyes or landing on your face to be transmitted later. So they are pretty ineffective as a deterrent but if you sneeze of cough your droplets are contained.

Wearing a mask will give you a slight bit more protection, but not much.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52162490

Not quite full tinfoil hat yyet but does it no just feel with aw these headlines repeated across several news sites that we are being primed for stricter and more harshly enforced conditions? It would make sense from their point of view not to have the  gestapo out the following morning after it was announced on TV,  so far the lockdown has been pretty light, maybe government taking the " don't throw them in the fire but put them in cold water and boil slowly " approach

so far there has been no stories of mass gatherings, but yet this headlines keeps coming up

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

48 minutes ago, madwullie said:

My old man was diagnosed with (incurable) chronic lymphocytic leukaemia in December and had some courses of chemotherapy, with the last being at the start of March. He's to get a check up either this month or next. He also has high blood pressure. 

Would have thought he'd be a letter candidate but he hasn't had one (yet). 

10 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

This maths is giving me Coronavirus.

Jesus wept. 

"The doctors say that Nordberg has a 50/50 chance of living... but there's only a 10 percent chance of that."