Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

I hope to fcuk that our approach is correct and we haven’t destroyed the world economy, forcing hundreds of millions of people into poverty for years to come with the resultant mortality that comes with that. 

Just for reference for us all, give us your response to these simple questions-

Firstly, in your opinion, what would you have advocated as your response to covid19 when it first appeared?

Secondly, what would be your preferred response right here and now, as the situation actually stands?

Something for us all to bookmark I'm sure.

14 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

From the latest excess mortality report from the ONS

Number of deaths so far in 2020 in England & Wales where the specific cause was respiratory disease ( excluding coronavirus)

number of deaths of people WITH coronavirus as a yesterday in England & Wales

Yes 3,338 is a shocking number that is still rising for 1 specific cause.

Especially one that can be prevented by staying indoors, standing 2m away from folk and generally not being manky.

Thanks for pointing out how deadly it has been over 2 months.

2 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

I'm just off the phone to Peter and I'm sure that you'll be delighted to hear he woke up this morning feeling fine.

I heard that he couldn’t get any milk.  Panic buying must be back.

6 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

Just for reference for us all, give us your response to these simple questions-

Firstly, in your opinion, what would you have advocated as your response to covid19 when it first appeared?

Secondly, what would be your preferred response right here and now, as the situation actually stands?

Something for us all to bookmark I'm sure.

As I’ve said before, I believe the Swedish model is the one we should have and should be following.

They have closed primary schools, asked people to work from home where they can, isolated the vulnerable and banned mass gatherings. 

9 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yes 3,338 is a shocking number that is still rising for 1 specific cause.

Especially one that can be prevented by staying indoors, standing 2m away from folk and generally not being manky.

Thanks for pointing out how deadly it has been over 2 months.

That 21,320 is also shocking. That’s over 3 months. Shows how deadly it is.

Those deaths could also have been prevented, in the main, by staying indoors and standing 2m away from folk. 

3 hours ago, Steven W said:

I've tried to remain optimistic, yet also level headed through this.

However, coming round to thinking this virus will be among us for a good couple of years yet. Can't see pubs / restaurants / the football starting again in that timeframe.

Economy will take a tanking obviously, which will take upwards of a decade to recover from. The life we all knew before, will be a very, very long time in coming back ☹️. Apologies for being the prophet of doom.

No pubs, restaurants or football for a couple of years? You sir, need to go for a lie down 

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

How long will our new appraisal of risk last?

I'm interested to see how long it takes the UK's gormless medical experts to U-turn on their face masks are useless line and produce yet another infallible 'model' to justify their stance. I'd give it until the end of this week.

10 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

As I’ve said before, I believe the Swedish model is the one we should have and should be following.

They have closed primary schools, asked people to work from home where they can, isolated the vulnerable and banned mass gatherings. 

We tried that mate. It was called advice and asking nicely. People said things like "until Boris tells me I have to do this I'm not doing it." 

So what then? 

Guest Moomintroll
I heard that he couldn’t get any milk.  Panic buying must be back.
And his burd has left him, are we all sure he's feeling fine?

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Read a report on Sky that some expert thinks social distancing measures here will be relaxed in the “next few weeks”. So many contrary reports every day 

Probably just a behavioural technique.

Like your parents telling you that car journeys were almost done to keep you calm as a kid. 

1 minute ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

That 21,320 is also shocking. That’s over 3 months. Shows how deadly it is.

Those deaths could also have been prevented, in the main, by staying indoors and standing 2m away from folk. 

Lehs!

You can't prevent lung cancer or COPD etc... that way.

Your 21,320 is a group of conditions, not 1 single condition.