Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Incidentally that will be approximately the time it takes for this thread to reach 1000 pages. 

Congratulations UK and US btw.

Tony Blair was a great believer in the UK being seen standing "shoulder to shoulder" with the US.

Fucking pratt he was.

11 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

James Corbett having a chat with his fellow loony antivaxxer site Global Reseach contributor James Tracey about the Sandy Hook deep state conspiracy.

https://www.corbettreport.com/the-sandy-hook-controversy-james-tracy-on-grtv/

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

James Corbett having a chat with his fellow loony antivaxxer site Global Reseach contributor James Tracey about the Sandy Hook deep state conspiracy.

I read stuff from dodgy places. A lot of it is shite

your source of truth is Donald Trump and Boris Johnson. You believe what they tell you and follow their orders.

26 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

How is your “Look at Sweden, they aren't doing lockdown and they’re doing great” viewpoint looking?

35 deaths per million of population versus 60 deaths per million in the UK

(Deaths being people who have died with coronavirus. No stats have been published of those who have died of it and probably never will - we’ll need to approximate with the excess mortality statistics) 

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Which is putting more strain on the NHS? How long will our new appraisal of risk last?

This has all happened so fast that people have lost risk perspective. I think that's understandable, though clickbait media are making things worse.

I’m wondering how it is that some people seem to be more badly affected by the virus than others. Young fit and healthy folk dying and duffers like Boris and Prince Charles just having mild cases

Are there two different strains going about? I remember reading somewhere there was an “S” strain and a “L” strain. That was probably a load of shite, though

3 minutes ago, bendan said:

This has all happened so fast that people have lost risk perspective. I think that's understandable, though clickbait media are making things worse.

Most people never had great risk perspective in the 1st place. 

I'm just guessing here, but is Jeremiah doing his normal "post a link to some conspiracy bs without making any comment"?

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

(Deaths being people who have died with coronavirus. No stats have been published of those who have died of it and probably never will - we’ll need to approximate with the excess mortality statistics) 

Stockholm has a far higher rate than 60 per million, not even close. 

More deaths than London per head, again, not even close. 

1 minute ago, Forest_Fifer said:
25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm just guessing here, but is Jeremiah doing his normal "post a link to some conspiracy bs without making any comment"?

Aye.

13 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

I read stuff from dodgy places. A lot of it is shite

your source of truth is Donald Trump and Boris Johnson. You believe what they tell you and follow their orders.

Nowt wrong with the 1st part, left wingers should make an effort to read a lot of right wing stuff and vice versa. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Tourette said:

I’m wondering how it is that some people seem to be more badly affected by the virus than others. Young fit and healthy folk dying and duffers like Boris and Prince Charles just having mild cases

Are there two different strains going about? I remember reading somewhere there was an “S” strain and a “L” strain. That was probably a load of shite, though

There's no evidence that young, fit and healthy people are dying. Some people have underlying issues without ever knowing. 

You will need to wait for autopsies. 

11 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Swedes are probably healthier overall. Obesity and smoking seem to make people more likely to die because of Covid.

2 hours ago, ayrmad said:

We'll have capacity and knowledge to withstand a bigger wave next time around, so long as we've timed our lockdown properly in the 1st place. 

I don't think I'll be doing a 2nd proper in your house 24/7 lockdown, that'll be dependent on whether this just remains numbers or turns into a hide behind the couch watching news exercise, here's hoping. 

We haven't had a first 'in your house 24/7 lockdown'.