ICTChris

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

21 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

It cost 90baht, they either wanted to kill you or wanted to kill you.

They drink it as a small nip, then quickly drink ice/cold water straight after as it will burn your mouth throat.  Countryside Thailand is full of folk addicted to the stuff, quarter bottle  costs 30 baht and you will be fucked all day sipping away.  It will make you go blind for sure or mental.

Couldn't find it on a quick google. They don't want it falling into the hands of our jakeys. 

Obviously I'd like to try it.  

eta Found it. It's paint thinner.

Lao khao simply translates to ‘white spirit’, which can be somewhat misleading as the drink is clear and colourless. The only thing watery about the taste and the smell though, is what it does to your eyes after the first swallow. The initial taste is sharp and sweet though soon the punch of alcohol with a hint of diesel kicks in, burning the throat and filling the nostrils. Being a typical student with a penchant for vodkas, whiskeys and rum, I was expecting it all to go down quite easily, after all it was only supposed to be 30% alcohol. I was wrong. The burn lasted far longer than should be acceptable and I must admit that I didn’t love the bitter aftertaste. So, what’s all the fuss about?

Edited by cyderspaceman

11 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

😆

Reveal hidden contents

Context? Have they all got it?

No. Just for laughs?

Edited by cyderspaceman

12 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

😆

Hide contents

You just knew that Rees Mogg would be fully suited. 

11 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Couldn't find it on a quick google. They don't want it falling into the hands of our jakeys. 

Obviously I'd like to try it.  

Sorry I spelt it wrong Lao Khao.

You before

image.jpeg.77299eee748b0f8e6e2d1ecf7e322c37.jpeg

You after

image.jpeg.5f4bb3137a3c3528f21be80e33b57070.jpeg

Yes you have changed your cloths  and found a new hat!

ETA You gave at least half a bottle away, that's why you onlu have Q left in the second picture.

Edited by SlipperyP

UK media finally wakes up as government’s failing coronavirus strategy is exposed

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/uk-media-finally-wakes-up-as-governments-failing-coronavirus-strategy-is-exposed/02/04/

'Shambles, chaos, ridiculous': what the UK papers say about Covid-19 testing

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/apr/02/shambles-chaos-ridiculous-what-the-uk-papers-say-about-covid-19-testing

14 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Budvar tastes like bread. Get it in the bin where it belongs. 

^^^ desperate to scrounge quality beer instead of fucking Amstel 

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

False positives aren't a problem though. 

No one should be flying now anyway unless absolutely necessary and I'd say every single person entering the UK should be getting 14 days in a hotel room on the government tab. 

Disagree. Travellers should be paying for the room themselves and be compelled to do so at the business end of a truncheon. 

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

You just knew that Rees Mogg would be fully suited. 

15 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Context? Have they all got it?

No. Just for laughs?

when you see it...

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Disagree. Travellers should be paying for the room themselves and be compelled to do so at the business end of a truncheon. 

Better to nationalise all the rip off hotels near airports imo

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

The Guardian today have an article up about places to visit when lock down is over and the first one is Greece and the second one is fucking Christchurch! The idea that international travel is going to spring back into action is ridiculous. No one is going to be going on a foreign holiday for years.

Yeh it's a weird idea that international travel can be turned off and on like a tap for a start:

Airports have slashed staff numbers as have airlines independent hotels will go to the wall all across the globe, international chains that survive will also have ditched huge amounts of staff. There is going to be one hell of a recruitment drive once this is over but like you say I would expect it to be a couple of years before we see the dirt cheap package holidays people have been accustomed to return.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

when you see it...

Glumness personified.  Hadn't expanded it.  :)

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Yeh it's a weird idea that international travel can be turned off and on like a tap for a start:

Airports have slashed staff numbers as have airlines independent hotels will go to the wall all across the globe, international chains that survive will also have ditched huge amounts of staff. There is going to be one hell of a recruitment drive once this is over but like you say I would expect it to be a couple of years before we see the dirt cheap package holidays people have been accustomed to return.

Cruises might be a lot cheaper though...

Wish this forum had a remindme function like reddit cos the idea no c**t is going on a holiday for years after this is for the birds.

20 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

This is more mental a claim than some of the conspiracy nonsense on this thread.

Why?

We need to do whatever we can to avoid another lockdown. Getting back to normal in the UK is the priority not letting people travel about to areas with differing levels of infection and border security.

As expected, my "two weeks self isolation" given by my work who were also shutting for the two weeks, has ended, and as of today we're back to work as normal.

A mighty 3 days they lasted.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Wish this forum had a remindme function like reddit cos the idea no c**t is going on a holiday for years after this is for the birds.

This year anyway for a foreign holiday but years before you can just wander around the world visa free again by virtue of having a British passport. 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

This year anyway for a foreign holiday but years before you can just wander around the world visa free again by virtue of having a British passport. 

I'm going to allow this. | Know Your Meme

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Cruises might be a lot cheaper though...

Hardly top of any sane persons list of holidays

Screenshot_20200402-101402.jpg