Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Yes. Easter Sunday is 9 days away.

The peak, remember, isn't a one or two day peak. It lasts around 5-7 days.

I don't think saying the peak of new infections will be in 9 days is unrealistic. It's over 3 weeks since lockdown.

For peak deaths we will be looking at somewhere around April 25th.

Whoah!

Billy Jean King said that Oor Nic was having none of this 'we are near the peak'.  Nicola was saying that the HMG projection of a peak by Easter Sunday was highly unlikely.  You agreed and said that it would be 'around Easter' - you agreed and disagreed with Sturgeon in the same sentence.

Are you saying the peak will be by next Easter Sunday or not?  

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Joggers and cyclists are confirming themselves as arseholes during this.

Maybe they're all govt stooges sent out to spread it to areas that are trailing. 

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Joggers and cyclists are confirming themselves as arseholes during this.

Why?

I run a lot and always on the left hand side of the path if there are people about. I'll switch to the right to avoid people obviously but if people are taking up the majority of the path from the centre then I'll give a shout and  dodge by them.

Anyone running is only going to be within 2m of a walker for less than 2 seconds so no danger at all.

59 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The wife is just back from Asda where she said there was loads of couples in doing their shopping. She had to shoe a lady from one of the couples away from her at the till as she kept walking towards her even though the wife was stood paying. 

Fucking idiots honestly. A couple of about 60 she reckoned. 

Yeah! Give 'em a right good kicking. Bastids.

4 minutes ago, The DA said:

Whoah!

Billy Jean King said that Oor Nic was having none of this 'we are near the peak'.  Nicola was saying that the HMG projection of a peak by Easter Sunday was highly unlikely.  You agreed and said that it would be 'around Easter' - you agreed and disagreed with Sturgeon in the same sentence.

Are you saying the peak will be by next Easter Sunday or not?  

To clarify, I wasn't aware of NS's chat at the time beyond what BJK had said about us being not near the peak.

In the context of the UK timeline, bearing in mind we are 12 days in to major restrictions, 9 days time is nowhere near.

Based on what we've seen in Italy, Easter Sunday, 3 weeks on from the onset of major restrictions is when the peak of new cases was reached, and remained at such a point for around 7 days.

Does that clear that up?

As for @Billy Jean King saying there is no lockdown in place, I must have been sitting in my house for the past two weeks off my own back...

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Anyone running is only going to be within 2m of a walker for less than 2 seconds so no danger at all.

Sorry that has been called out, can’t remember where I read it. If the jogger sneezes or coughs in that instance there is nothing to stop the virus spreading 6 feet at that time and the people they are passing too close are in harm’s way.

I have taken to running down the middle of the back streets at 9pm when there is no-one about and will go out of my way to avoid people.

6 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

The state of some of the folk arguing about which day the peak will be as if they have the slightest clue.

Beginning to look like it could be more like a ridge walk with a few extra peaks and gullies before it descends. Journos like kids in the back of the car asking if we're there yet every day at 5pm.

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

To clarify, I wasn't aware of NS's chat at the time beyond what BJK had said about us being not near the peak.

In the context of the UK timeline, bearing in mind we are 12 days in to major restrictions, 9 days time is nowhere near.

Based on what we've seen in Italy, Easter Sunday, 3 weeks on from the onset of major restrictions is when the peak of new cases was reached, and remained at such a point for around 7 days.

Does that clear that up?

As for @Billy Jean King saying there is no lockdown in place, I must have been sitting in my house for the past two weeks off my own back...

I understand now.  But we locked down later in the process than Italy did.  I think it's likely to be w/c 20th before we hit our peak.

Edited by The DA
Didn't have a calendar

Pubs, clubs and restaurants were open 2 weeks ago tonight for the last time. You first claimed we had been in lockdown for over 3 weeks then exactly 3 weeks when in reality it's a fortnight. Prior to that it was in no shape or form a lockdown !

Does that clear that up?
As for [mention=29985]Billy Jean King[/mention] saying there is no lockdown in place, I must have been sitting in my house for the past two weeks off my own back...

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Pubs, clubs and restaurants were open 2 weeks ago tonight for the last time. You first claimed we had been in lockdown for over 3 weeks then exactly 3 weeks when in reality it's a fortnight. Prior to that it was in no shape or form a lockdown !

Right ok.

Sorry i've lost track of time a wee bit whilst i've been sitting in doing nothing.