Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Up to 650,000 deaths directly linked to the flu every year.

73,000 have so far died WITH coronavirus. No stats on how many actually died OF it.

Yet we’ve wrecked the economy and imposed a police state and all on the basis of a made up estimate using dodgy assumptions and flawed data from the people who got foot and mouth badly wrong. 

we need the mainstream media to start questioning whether this lockdown is justified 

Horrendous for the surviving passengers and crew on MS Zaandam, due to disembark at Fort Lauderdale, but Florida won't let them, currently pootling about off Cuba, it would be quite the thing if the commies offer to look after them. But on a more important point, never really fancied a cruise but I like the look of the one they've been on, without the virus obviously.

image.png.782b41e58230bb34ec2d7d003acc7d20.png

Guest Moomintroll

73,000 have so far died WITH coronavirus. No stats on how many actually died OF it.
Yet we’ve wrecked the economy and imposed a police state and all on the basis of a made up estimate using dodgy assumptions and flawed data from the people who got foot and mouth badly wrong. 
we need the mainstream media to start questioning whether this lockdown is justified 

Are you still fucking here?

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Trump seeing off Boris's herd immunity strategy with “well you know it’s a concept, it’s a concept- if you don’t mind death" was really funny as well.

Yet there’s no more death in Sweden where they are following exactly that route

Indeed, there is no excess death whatsoever according to the European health monitor in excess death. 

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Horrendous for the surviving passengers and crew on MS Zaandam, due to disembark at Fort Lauderdale, but Florida won't let them, currently pootling about off Cuba, it would be quite the thing if the commies offer to look after them. But on a more important point, never really fancied a cruise but I like the look of the one they've been on, without the virus obviously.

image.png.782b41e58230bb34ec2d7d003acc7d20.png

Something heavy dystopian about plague ships filled with the petit bourgeois class. Like a spin off of High Rise.

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

You can't spend as much time on Twitter as Trump does without gaining an innate ability to dish out ownage

Remember someone saying that Trump was a monkey's paw wish for a politician to have banter.

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Indeed, there is no excess death whatsoever according to the European health monitor in excess death. 

Please don't include me in your boring contrarianism. Good vibes only.

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Post another link.

Go on. I dare ya.

56 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
1 hour ago, woolf said:
Keep an eye on it,take paracetamol and drink gallons of water (worked for me and my Mrs),if it gets worse don’t hesitate to call 111.Try stay calm and don’t watch too much of the news.
Best of luck

Cheers min, it does get a bit freaky when the wheezing is at its peak but it only seems to be affecting one lung weirdly so no real panic. Mainlining Lemsip Honey & Lemon & taking Paracetamol so will hopefully subside quickly.

I read that aspirin is also suspect along with ibuprofen.  Take care.

eta but it's not certain

There is currently no strong evidence that non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen or aspirin for pain relief can make coronavirus (COVID-19) worse.

But until we have more information, take paracetamol to treat the symptoms of coronavirus, unless your doctor has told you paracetamol is not suitable for you.

Edited by cyderspaceman

10 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
12 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Unique patter. 

6 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
8 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

He's like an unflushable shite.

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Something heavy dystopian about plague ships filled with the petit bourgeois class. Like a spin off of High Rise.

You will apprexiate this Adam Curtis blog post about cruises

https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adamcurtis/entries/e2da64b6-4921-3ce5-b05f-beec93cf3b7f

44 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Not sure if you spotted this one? @Jeremiah Cole

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-52097379

Western General quieter than doctor "has ever seen in his 23 years there". 

Might be a good time for me to pop down to their minor injuries clinic as have tick bite on my leg and am just waiting on the lymes disease kicking in.

Not sure if joking. I've had Lyme disease. If left untreated it can kill you. 

Guest Moomintroll
Unique patter. 

You do realise@Tynierose is only tolerating you until he gets bored, at which point the banhammer will be unleashed. I hope you stick around as your mugwumpery amuses me.

Guest Moomintroll
That’s hilarious
do you do stand up comedy?
I would say I really hope you don't but the hostile audience reaction would be fun to observe.